We keep receiving questions how some of your favorite works were created or about some aspects of their creation – like NMM gold recipes. Recently painted Black Templars terminators from Irkuck and Benathai caused another wave of such questions.
To respond to popular interest, we asked both authors of these miniatures how to paint NMM gold the way they do. They answered and here are the recipes they shared:
Benathai’s NMM gold recipe
- Basecoat: P3 Bloodtracked Brown (or Citadel Bestial Brown)
- Highlight #1: basecoat mixed 1:1 with Sunburst Yellow
- Highlight #2: Sunburst Yellow + a little white
- Shadow: Devlan Mud or Black Wash
- Glaze: Yellow Glaze (or P3 Yellow Ink)
- Finishing touches: final white highlights
Irkuck’s NMM gold recipe
- Chaos Black
- Snakebite Leather
- Sunburst Yellow
- Skull White
- Wash of Badab Black
- Wash of Gryphonne Sepia
Now here is the finished unit – some miniatures were painted by Benathai and some by Irkuck. Do you think they blend together well enough to make a coherent unit?
If you would like to know more, feel free to let us know or ask your questions in the comments section.