DarkKnight´s desk

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
DarkKnight

Re: DarkKnight´s desk

Post by DarkKnight »

ok.
Underexposed.
But the pics are still bad :D
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

but the progress is still easy to see :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Hosea

Post by Hosea »

ScottRadom wrote:Holy smokes! Your story sounds like mine. I'm 34, and started when I was around 12. It was almost EXACTLY two years ago when I found the eCommunity of painters and jumped in with both feet. I'm happy with my progress but I am MUCH happier with yours. That Eowyn is really looking good. Super nice work. Got any more pic's of your other work?
hi scott, I guess a lot of people are having similar stories, haha.

Dark Knight, I like your model, it is comfortable to look at it, very nature.
DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight »

So, Eowyn comes to a end.
I´m very lucky with her she won´t be the last Lotr Mini that i´ve painted.
Her the final pics.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Now it´s time for medieval stuff. A nice bust from JMD. At this moment the bust is almost finished. I will take new pictures tomorrow.

Hope you like it.
umpa

Post by umpa »

Well it looks good to me :) one thing though could You post some bigger pictures of Eowyn?
Midnight Lurker

Post by Midnight Lurker »

Greetings Darknight!

First off, both of these look really really good. You say you are interested in doing mostly display pieces, and it's obvious that you are well on your way. Very impressive stuff!

Since you are interested in receiving nit picks (for the sake of growing as a painter) I thought I would share my impressions with you. I second Nameless' thoughts on Eowyn regarding the tiles. I think what is causing the problem is that they all appear loose, as if they had never been grouted together. You might have gotten better results by sculpting the tiles in a single sheet and snapping off occasional pieces rather than applying all of them them individually. The green in the base work sets of the terra cotta tiles nicely though. I like seeing her in the dingy battle dress, and the metal work you did on her sword looks really good... A lot better than I could ever do! Overall I would be proud to be able to call this my own.

Regarding the bust: Again, great metal work. Chain mail is easy if you dry brush it, but this looks smooth and lovingly layered. And I like the blue that you have used in the crinkle lines around his face (they tie in nicely with the blues in the chainmail and bring out the blue in his eyes at the same time, creates a nice balance and flow) but the transition from skintone to blue shadow is a little abrupt. An intermediary purpley color would have helped it read more clearly as deep shadow rater than Braveheart blue.

In the first picture it's hard to see pupils. (I'm sure they are there though... Photography issues again? I can totally sympathize... Believe me! The guys here on CoC have been giving me a crash course over the last week!) Did you add in a white hotspot reflection in the eyes? That will give the mini a lot more expression and "life". The face and eyes should be the focus point on most minis and on a bust it's even more important, 'cause the scale so much bigger than on a 28 mm.

I really look forward to what you put out next!

Laters,
Jen
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

@Darkknight - is it a 10mm eowyn? ;)

@Jen - so have you tried to use the tips you got here or still not? any more help needed?
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

Midnight Lurker wrote: Photography issues again? I can totally sympathize... Believe me! The guys here on CoC have been giving me a crash course over the last week
Check Midnight Lurker's WIP thread for more info.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

nah whas'nt that bad ... :roll:

BTT
medival looks caind of wax .. he is clean end he is orange .. so he look like medival knight in full TV make up.

a real skin got a gloosy feel on it .. end suprisingly it is much more blue then orange
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
DarkKnight

Post by DarkKnight »

Another little paintjob is finished.
Just because the upcoming new edition of Warhammer Fantasy i want to paint some High Elf miniatures just for gaming.
Here is the first....but in the meantime i don´t know wether i will paint more gaming miniatures. In fact i will never be able to paint 3000 or more points . :shock:
But i´ve enjoyed painting the mage without paying to much attention on technique.