Horthack vs Centaur

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
clevischi

Horthack vs Centaur

Post by clevischi »

Its finished, was very nice to make a try with artificial water!

If you liked, please vote: http://www.coolminiornot.com/298061

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Solmar

Re: Horthack vs Centaur

Post by Solmar »

Hi. :)

I really like the Diorama, everything workes for me but the one thing, i am not happy with is the base size. miniatures are focal point and the (really beautiful made) water corner does not jump to the eye.

In case of Paintjob and story still very good. :)
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: Horthack vs Centaur

Post by arctica »

I agree with Solmar here, when you mentioned water effect i was half expecting a fair amount but it's tacked onto the end. You did a good job with it but when you look at the dio it seems more like an after-thought.

The painting of the skin on the centaur both the horse-y part and the top seem quite rough and in some places lacks some contrast and definition. With such a large area of skin i would have been tempted to do some mottling effect on the horse body and perhaps a tattoo on his upper torso as a large canvas like that would have been a joy to do.

What i do like about the whole scene is the whole scene :D there's plenty of detailing littered around but i think you could have easily have put it on a base a quarter of the size. The way you've highlighted the bloke in warm colours and the centaur in cooler colours pulls your eye towards the man and creates a focus point for the scene. The centaur himself can easily blend into the background almost. Still it's a great idea and you're definitely on a good track but there are things to think about more.