From Khaos Bugg's desk

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
KhaosBugg

Re: From Khaos Bugg's desk

Post by KhaosBugg »

wow... That makes so much sense, but I would have never ever in a bazillion years have thought of it :doh: lols. TTYTYTYTYTY :lol:
KhaosBugg

Post by KhaosBugg »

Here are my daemonettes. Among these models are the very first ones that I have painted (and I am sure you can tell which ones they are lol). Enjoy, and please share any tips and critiques. Thanks!

100_0894 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr

100_0892 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr

100_0890 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr

100_0889 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr

100_0888 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr

100_0887 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr
ok so yea these are the ones that I painted first, and I know... The paint is too thick =/

100_0886 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr

100_0884 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr

100_0882 by Khaos Bugg, on Flickr
KhaosBugg

Post by KhaosBugg »

If anyone is still following my thread I did post some pics of bloodletters before adding the dip that I use. You can check them out in my WIP thread.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Well this is a very colorfull unit! Are painting it for an amry or you just liked this one?
I think that now some washes could really help, have you got the Citadel ones? I think those are great and are perfect for army painting.
Could you please tell me one thing about the bases, I think y have used a special spray that makes this type of marvel. Am I right? If yes, then could you please tell me or even check if this can be used on styrofoam without destroing it?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
KhaosBugg

Post by KhaosBugg »

I am painting it for a combined army of all the chaos daemons. I don't have the (sometimes reaquired) 3 matching colors for tournaments, but I don't really plan on playing tourney games. I will have to do some research on washes. I actually haven't even heard of that before (I think). If you could direct me to any good tutorials on it I would appreciate it. I don't actually use any citadel supplies other than inks. I typically buy my supplies from a craft store.

You are right about the bases =) I used Rust-oleum stone texture. I have actually tried to use it on styrofoam on my display base for my bloodletters (WIP thread latest post). It doesn't hurt it, but you need to spray a VERY heavy coat of it onto the styrofoam for it to look good. Maybe a styrofoam with smaller holes than what I used would work better too (if there is such a creature).