Feedback from a newcommer :)

All the stuff which didn't fit anywhere else
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Feedback from a newcommer :)

Post by Hellspawn »

I'd like to bounce on the welcome Corvus made to a new member:
Corvus wrote:...You'll notice that this community isn't as big as in other places (CMON, WAMP), but in a positive way.

People here will take their time for decent commenting, the type you can always learn something from....

-Gerrie
That's is a thing that I personnaly really appreciate. Still a newcommer on the forum but it's indeed what makes it really interesting and why after a few days of being here I really like it, not only cause we do get the possibility to chat with talented painters with awsome skills, but also cause even with being excellent at what they do, people are still humble and so kindly/friendly/polite (and funny too :) ) and it makes a real difference (for me at least).

Also, another thing that is really cool is that peeps not only take time to read, answer posts etc, they do encourage others in stepping forward and try to improve and that also is an important thing :)

So thanks everyone for that :clap:
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Re: Feedback from a newcommer :)

Post by ToMaZ »

I got a bit sentimental after reading that... we try so hard... finally there's praise!! :mrgreen:
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

it must be our OT skills :)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Well, it's nothing new, because - speaking REALLY modestly - we are just great :mrgreen:

And if we're talking about OT here... Well, on CofC OT can appear in (almost) every thread and then sometimes it's getting started more important than painting and collecting miniatures :lol:

Anyway - thanks Hellspawn for your kind words and have fun here! ;)
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I have to admit that when i was first introduced to the painting community, i found that most sites weren't as friendly as this one and so i've stuck with CofC since i started painting seriously and i've never regretted any of it, not just for the improvement and relaxation the hobby gives but everyone on this forum I really like and appreciate all their views. So it's great to see more people feel the same way ^^ keep on painting !
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

When I came here in 2007 (after few anonymous visits as quest) I didn't know what to expect, but after few days I was convinced that CofC is the best place for me. Very nice people, warm welcome, very constructive discussions and help in any case, not only about painting and modelling.

Now I can say I am 100% happy man because I'm here with all of you and don't want to leave :)
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

friendly is the right word, but honest too when giving a opinion, everyone always try to help improvement :clap:
Last edited by Pandadosmares on 4 Aug 2011, o 13:18, edited 1 time in total.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Thanks a lot for such a message! It really means a lot to us that you consider this place friendly and people - helpful.

I always think about our forum as an old pub that you drop into one day.
You know, there are many of them but you stumble into one and see people chatting on topic and off topic, giving each other ironic comments and sharing private jokes. First you may feel strange and not quite fitting there. But then you spend an hour or two. Listen to the guys there and then find the courage to stand up and say "hello, I am new here", and then you're a part of it all. Then their jokes are yours, their place is yours, and you feel at home there.

That's what I always wanted this place to feel like for fellow fans of miniatures.
It seems it does. Thanks to the people who spend their time here. The site is not about the computer code, servers, layouts, etc. It's all about the people. Just like a pub is not just the walls - it's the people who create the atmosphere.

Thanks once more for the message.
Thank you guys for making this place an internet home for us all!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

:clap:
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski