pae's junk

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: pae's junk

Post by Demi_morgana »

Midnight Lurker wrote:Never give up, Never surrender!
:clap:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Hosea

Post by Hosea »

Even it sounds like a military training, but I also agree that painting miniature can train our mentality such as endurance, patience, perservance, appreciation of arts, paying attentions to the details, different elements such as woods and metals, grounds. Beside, I find it interesting that I will study about ancient cultures and read books when I was painting Tomb Kings and High Elfs, greeks and Egyptians.

To me, I am always tempted to finish the pending mini asap, lol. WIPing models are so annoying, lol.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

pae wrote:I have about 4 figures in progress right now, so it seems like forever since I finished anything. I started this one back in late February, then didn't touch it for 2 weeks
And you think it's anything to boast about? ;) Compare it to my 5-years-long paintjobs :P

This one is pretty cool. It doesn't show any signs of the pains/problems in its creation.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
pae

Post by pae »

I like how the figure itself turned out, but not too crazy about the base. Meh.

ImageClick to see full-sized image
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Great work on the skin and the metallics, overall another superb piece. If i was being a bit nitpicky i'd say that the gold skulls on her armour are missing some highlights and possibly the colours on the body on the floor could do with a little bit more richness and contrast to them. However, i do really do like what you've done here.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

pae wrote:I like how the figure itself turned out, but not too crazy about the base. Meh.
seconded ;)
I'd like to see stronger highlights here and there, but overall it's your best after return to painting.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

lovely skin colour! it is hard to spot anything apart from the ... skin colour :mrgreen: ;-)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
ScottRadom

Post by ScottRadom »

Smooth! That's awesome stuff.
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Really nice, i like it a lot
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I like the silver NMM a lot, but on the knees the gold seems wrong somehow. These vertical divisions don't feel right there.

What I dislike about this mini-diorama is probably just a matter of personal preference but I never liked this way of texturing ground. I prefer flock or static grass. Looks more believable to me...

Love the placement of highlights and smoothness of her skin. Well done!
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector