Warhammer Historical, Man O' War, Warmaster, Epic, BFG...

Do you still remember that some people use miniatures for gaming?
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Warhammer Historical, Man O' War, Warmaster, Epic, BFG...

Post by mahon »

Oh my... I should be doing other things rather than thinking about what cool games could be played.

I wanna return to Man O' War - I played several small games, but it's a great beer & pretzels game... Easy but really fun to play!

I wanna play more Battlefleet Gothic - I loved this game when I played it... I wanna play it again, especially that I will soon have my own gaming table :D It has something great about it!

Warmaster and Epic Armageddon will do even if I use paper markers/chits to represent troops. I like the rules, and as for Warmaster I think the rules represent battles in the World of Warhammer than WFB. I don't care about the minis as much aso fr the games themselves...

As for Warhammer Historical I would be interested in the Roman or Medieval settings. I think the rules use the best of Warhammer, and correct the weaker points. I think plastic 1:72 minis will allow to create cool and cheap large armies easily.

If anybody would like to talk about these games - I would be happy, as I am pretty enthusiastic about these games now :)

And let's not forget Necromunda and Mordheim - both great games! :D
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
endrem

RE: Warhammer Historical, Man O

Post by endrem »

Man O War and Mordheim I also like to play, at least I have figures for these :).
There is a Man O' War topic already, I opened it once :) I was actually thinking lately to paint my Man O' War minis up completely.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

hah! let me jump into the MOW thread then :twisted:
-- Mahoń

Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

wow! I had no idea "battlefleet gothic" is cool game - I rather thought it's just gw's missed concept... :?
maybe it's worth to look around and find some chaos cruisers? :twisted:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

nope, Demi - just imagine the big ships in Star Wars clashing against each other.

It's one of the coolest games - it requires some planning ahead because of the ships' big inertion (especially the big ones) - they need much space for turning and you are in constant move... they're drifting across the space...

wow, really a cool game!
Last edited by mahon on 26 Jul 2005, o 11:39, edited 1 time in total.
-- Mahoń

Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

in this case I'll check resources of my local ex-ministore: it is being runned by an idiot but who knows: maybe I'll find there something interesting... 8)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

hmmm... I thought a bit about gothic and man'o'war and I realised it must be really cool game! I mean I imagined ultra-heavy weapon systems, explosions in the cosmic space, no-air deadly enviroment, collisions with stardust... :roll:
very seductive... :twisted:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Man o' War: definitly want to play that one again! If my cashflow comes back I'll look into buying a new fleet!

Battlefleet Gothic: Played it once or twice and wouldn't mind playing it again! I'll see if my brother is up for a game...

Warmaster: Never played it but it looks like fun...

Mordheim: Working on something for that! ;)

Necromunda: Played it to death, fun game and I believe the rules have been easened a bit...

And ofcourse Blood Bowl, still my favourite! :D
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

haven't played Bloodbowl, but I have the rules, will make the pitch, and... let me only find some minis and .... opponents :(
-- Mahoń

Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

It's very easy to make an Orc team out of Fantasy and 40.000 mini's! They'll look better too then the Orc Blood Bowl team from GW!