Shep Payne will be at Gen Con!

Golden Demons and all the other miniature painting competitions and events
LadyEyes
the List-mistress

Shep Payne will be at Gen Con!

Post by LadyEyes »

Gen Con LLC brings you Sheperd Paine, a Seminar on Diorama and Design.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheperd Paine's relevance to the world of the gaming miniatures hobby can be seen though his wonderful artistic modeling talents, strength of realism and storytelling skills, his use of source lighting, conversions, and above all - passion!

His work spans decades and stretches from model figurines to armored vehicles, planes and ships; historical periods from the Napoleonic Era, to the Civil War, WWII and Modern times; scenes from Fantasy, Literature, and to translating the work of Great Master 2D Painters in 3D.

His projects are in the hands of collectors, historians, and museums around the world. His sculpted works include work for the Franklin Mint and numerous manufacturers. He has written tip-sheets for Monogram Kits in the 70's, numerous articles, and many sought-after books detailing techniques and projects that have shaped and influenced the world of modeling miniatures today.

He is the driving inventor of the Open System of model judging used around the world, that is now gaining popularity in our own gaming convention painting competitions. He still oversees the MMSI Chicago Show judging, an Exhibition of models well-known for its high standards and attracting artists from around the globe, as well as judging at many other shows and exhibitions around the world.

Shep is an artist who has pushed the limits of our hobby and stepped beyond, inspiring so many up and coming miniatures artists. MHE is proud to be able to bring him to Gen Con. His seminar is an exceptional opportunity to learn from a Grand Master and gain inspiration from his work and passion for the hobby of miniatures and modeling.

Sheperd Paine will show examples of his many figures and dioramas, covering historical and fantasy subjects, explaining how he comes up with ideas, designs his scenes and constructs the models used in them. Sheperd Paine is one of Gen Con's Industry Insider Guests of Honor for 2009.

Gen Con Gaming Convention
Saturday, August 15, 2009
12:00AM (Noon)
1.5 Hours

This Seminar is free, but get your ticket to make sure you don't miss out on this opportunity! The seminar is only open to Gen Con attendees.

Further information On Sheperd Paine can be found on his website: http://www.sheperdpaine.com

Yeah, yeah... I know... All the folks in Europe can consider the normal "too far" messages posted. :bonk:
"I like gypsy moths and radio talk
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything"
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Re: Shep Payne will be at Gen Con!

Post by Skrit »

LadyEyes wrote: Yeah, yeah... I know... All the folks in Europe can consider the normal "too far" messages posted. :bonk:
:lolsign:

Looks like Gencon is going to be a blast! :D
Neolis

Re: Shep Payne will be at Gen Con!

Post by Neolis »

I have my ticket all lined up for this one.
If it wasn't for the gutter my mind would be homeless.
"She bears the scarlet letter, her skin as soft as feathers, her demeanor tough as leather."