cryx vs khador/mecenaries battle (pic heavy)

Do painted miniatures fight better? Let us know how your miniatures did in their battles
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

cryx vs khador/mecenaries battle (pic heavy)

Post by Demi_morgana »

last we were playing warhachine game;
but it wasn?t ?standard? game this time? 8) this time it was the largest game we played ever (80 pts per side which was about 1200-1300 pts in wm mk1) and the game was played on still unfinished table ? terrain features are still to be painted as you can see*
the game was also special because Deco (vel Tutshnick the Barbarian ^^) decided to sell his khador and replace it with mecenaries some time ago and it?s the last time his forces are gathered
as you can see the table is pretty large ? each side is 200 cm long! :D we used almost 4 liters of glue and 1,5 bucket of sand for the table and hills but we can finally play proper games (can?t wait to play CAV on it!!! :trampolin: )
ImageClick to see full-sized image

it was player vs player game there was also johnny w present doing chearleader job :razz:

terrain features are placed?

?and forces are deployed; (btw the guy in the middle is not johhny w :mrgreen: )

the first turn belongs to khador; on such a large battlefield beginning of game is always easy ? no chance to be shot by any range attack so it?s still a time for manoeuvring;
widormakers took up the forest, and thanks to rhulic jack marshal (I totally forgot his name :oops: ) driller and wrought-something moved pretty far

time to make some deaderz movin?!
at this stahe I didn?t have some uber-evil plan for annihilating the mortal fools who dared to face me (muahahahahaaaa? :twisted: ) so I also simply advanced ? iron lich and fast units tool left flank while deneghra took the right one; thanks to ghost walk crossing wood wasn?t a problem 8)

khador time:
the opposing forces are getting closer really fast so it?s high time to make some serious decision:
gorten and his rabbits of death advanced to the center supported by eiryss, widowmakers prapared for sniping down my corpses next round, vlad, kodiak and berserker simply advanced forward (vlad casted blood of the kings just in case? ) and whole Deco?s left flank advanced to denny?s party

denny and her team steady advanced but these breathing bastardos were getting close much faster than I expected so it?s the time for my first brilliant plan during the game: I thought I can throw most of my fast forces from iron lich?s flank to center so most of my army can attack khador stuff; with a bit of luck I could deal serious amout of damage before gorten and his rhulic jacks get me from behind so let?s get it done!

whole line of khador/mecenaries advanced again but Deco decided to spill the first blood (actually to spill anything what circulates in cryx reanimated troopers): thor provided rockram extra movement (goddamn drive? :? ), then it advanced and launched boosted death salvo to soulhunters ? and missed! :D :D :D
vlad recasted blood of the kings ? if I was already within attack range than some khador/mercs are definitely in my charge range as well :twisted:

I had serious dillema at the beginning of this turn: should I continue the plan and simply leave gorten to smash khador with combined forces of denny and iron lich? or maybe shoud I just charge rockram so see if I can scratch it at all? (soulhunters are much weaker in mk2 and rockram is tough as nails);
of course charge muahahahahaha!!! (why there?s no laughing skeletor emoticon for such occasion btw?) rockram was too far for arc-noding parasite but soulhunters were still close enough to get scything touch which boosted their str by +2;
I was pretty surprised when I saw results of the attack ? I didn?t think zombie centaurs are able to make any serious damage but with some fortunate rolls they boxed 1/3 of the jack! too bad these were 2 center damage columns where there?s no weapon systems?
as for my right flank: in the maintainance phase nightmare moved 6? closer his pray (kovnik); nightwretch advanced, shot at nomad (scratching it slightly) but most important ? it arc-noded crippling grasp on nomad; what a shame nightmare was just in charge range loaded with 3 foc points and thirsty for mayhem! :twisted:
after resolving charge attack (which ripped nomad?s weapon arm off) nightmare threw it?s opponent into dirty meg (nomad?s jack marshall) but missed  fortunately pistol wraith was just in right place to finish her off (and to add another scratch on nomad?s armour)!
this time was definitely succesful for the evil force; remainig deaders advanced to get into melee as soon as possible

Deco was now ready to take his revenge!
on his left flank orinn and manhunter were flanking me to threat deneghra (oring could be extremly dangerous ith his anti-magic abilities :pale: ); one of destroyers tried so shotot at nightmare but it turned out it was over 5? from the target so it missed (stealth 8) ); boosted cannon shot ain?t something nightmares like the most; other destroyer shot at bane thralls and missed but second manhunter charged and killed one of my bane thralls;
Vlad casted blood ot the kings again, advanced and popped the feat! that was pretty surprising because his jacks got doubled speed that turn! and just a moment later kodiak and berserker were threating deneghra ? thank toruk they finished the activation!
on gotren?s flank widowmakers destroyed bloat thrall ? it exploded but didn?t hurt anything from cryx afound; widowmakers also tried to damage deathripper but once again dices were against Deco and my jack remained unharmed;
rockram tried to leave the melee to shoot something more important than just soulhunters? but 3 free strikes were more than it could take :twisted:
it also turned out the driller is out command range of it?s master so it just entered machinethralls swarm but didn?t manage to take don?t even one of them;
gorten raised stone wall to protect widowmakers against my charge and khador turn was over;

under new circumstances deneghra was sorced to secure herself ? the move to her as many enemy models in her control zone and launched feat; she has also casted crippling grasp on kodiak; deathjack charged destroyer and a moment after there was another wrekc marker on the battlefield; gorman and bile thralls turned to advancing enamy jacks, eiryss and war dog (gorman even managed to attack kodiak with acid bomb), nightmare charged one of destroyers while machine wraith possessed the other one!
On the lich?s side cavalry spreaded to charge gorten next turn, mechanithralls were dismantling driller (far too slow unfortunately?) while the bonejacks were messing with gorten?s bunnies and widowmakers;

orin was really close now ? he moved close to bane thralls and released chain lightnig ? no stealth could save them now and 3 warriors returned 6 feet under; destroyer was trying to chop nightmate into pieces but once again dices were against khador so the nightmare wasn?t damaged hard; manhunter run into close combat range with deneghra so if I won?t manage to do anything with next turn ? my caster will be in very deep sh!t?
eityss killed gorman with ease so there was no more dirty bombs for me anymore 
unfortunately I underestimated gorten and forgot he still has some dirty tricks in the arsenal ? he advanced and popped land slide ? my cavalry was pushed away and next turn they won?t be able to charge! the feat also pushed away cankerworm ? after if got freestrike there were only 2 damage boxes let on it! Gunners were trying to take down my rippers but because of FATAL rolls shot missed of didn?t harm my jacks (I had definitely more luck than reason on that game :mrgreen: ); but my luck ended when yuri emerged from the forest and with a single blow turned my ripper into smoking pile of junk;
kodiak wanted to engage deathjack but after crippling grasp and denny?s feat casted it?s speed value shrikned from 4 to 0 hehehehehe? nothing could save it now :twisted:

the final:
these pics were taken late night** so sorry for the extremly poor quality;
denny casted ghost walk on deathjack so if could charge kodiak through berserker?s wreck ? yet another khador jack joined the junkyard; bile thralls purged eiryss and thanks to parry my caster left manhunter?s melee zone and was killed a second after;
on the other table edge machine wraith possessed driller so mechanithralls could leave the engagement, soulhunters went into combat with gorten damaging it slightly and Iron lich was casting breath of corruption and hellfire on remaining enemy jack and vlad;
I didn?t manage to kill any of enemy casters but at this stage we were both quite sure Deco won?t be able to kill my casters next torn and I will be able to kill vlad and gorten for sure so the battle was over 
hope you like it :D

*we painted them all yesterday
**and we were already drunk at that moment

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!