OZ Golden demon 2008 pics!

Golden Demons and all the other miniature painting competitions and events
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I disagree about you Aussies not having painting 'superstars'! ;)

I know there are a few of the best painters in the world over there, you included. The one I've been following for years and who really made an impression on me is Marcus Blackman (wereweevil).

I first saw his works years ago and always followed him since. :)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Come on, what about you Sebastian? Or Victoria Lamb or Arjay?
No starts you say?
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
sebastian

Post by sebastian »

Nameless wrote:
Who is judging the first two rounds (local, regional)?

They have GW store staff judging the rounds - there are no 'official GD judges' until the final round. But I think it works ok, because the decisions usually are not very difficult in the first round.

mahon wrote:Come on, what about you Sebastian? Or Victoria Lamb or Arjay?
No starts you say?
Well! Yes of course, arjay and victoria are probably the most well-known, but arjay has never entered GD (and probably never will), and I don't think victoria will ever seriously enter GD again. She has had some bad experiences; plus, I don't think she is really has a love of painting anymore. I don't know her very well, but I know she has other stuff in her life that keeps her busy. And she isn't exactly an active painter anymore - not for a few years.

Skrit wrote:I disagree about you Aussies not having painting 'superstars'! ;)

I know there are a few of the best painters in the world over there, you included. The one I've been following for years and who really made an impression on me is Marcus Blackman (wereweevil).

I first saw his works years ago and always followed him since. :)
haha, interesting that you should mention marcus! :) He is one of the 'old generation' of aussie painters from a few years ago, that is still quite active. He's a nice guy, and we're pretty good friends; we have a lot of funny disagreements about colours and painting metods haha, it's like late 90s style (which marcus enjoys) versus new style :lol:

He had a couple of entries this year, but nothing serious - he's working on sculpting at the moment, and wanted to have a yera off from GD. Because normally he enters many many entries in GD, like 7 or 8! And he and Jamie Downward, who also enters many categories, clean up what seems like half of all the trophies haha :shock: But things were a little different this year, and the trophies were spread out a little more - which is good I think.