Painting neon green, black rubber & sickly pale skin?

Everything from sanding and priming to varnishing!
Terrorhead

Painting neon green, black rubber & sickly pale skin?

Post by Terrorhead »

Hello.

I have three questions:

1. What's the best way to paint neon green and what (vallejo) colours should I use?

2. How should I go about to paint black rubber without using gloss varnish?

3. What's the best way to paint sickly pale skin?

Cheers.
Bexley
Usually in a hurry

Post by Bexley »

Hm. I would have said GW's Bilious Green, but they no longer make it. Now, I'd say P3 Necrotite Green as a base. I don't know about Vallejo; I don't like their paint.

For Black rubber, I'd say keep the highlights very sharp and high contrast. The more reflective a surface is, the sharper and more defined the highlights will be.

As for pale skin, there are other people here who have better knowledge of how to answer that question.
Terrorhead

Post by Terrorhead »

Oh come on people! Doesn't anyone know or are you just too lazy to reply? :mrgreen:

I really need :help:
LadyEyes
the List-mistress

Post by LadyEyes »

When you say "black rubber" do you mean shiny or like a car tire?

Neon green... hmmm... I will look for the colors I have at home. I think I have a VGC color that is good, but I'll have to double check the manufacturer. But yes, the P3 Necrotite Green is good for this. Whatever green color you use, highlight up with a bright yellow, then put the highest highlight at white. There may be better methods, but this is what I've done for glowing neon green on Cryx before.

PM Demi about pale skin if no one answers you here. He does undead stuff a lot, and his pale, sickly skin is awesome.
"I like gypsy moths and radio talk
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything"
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Painting neon green, black rubber & sickly pale skin

Post by Demi_morgana »

LadyEyes wrote:PM Demi about pale skin if no one answers you here. He does undead stuff a lot, and his pale, sickly skin is awesome.
stupid job - made me miss this topic! :evil:

Terrorhead wrote:Hello.

hello :mrgreen:
Terrorhead wrote:1. What's the best way to paint neon green and what (vallejo) colours should I use?
I use gw dark angel green, vgc livery green and bright yellow - sick, warm glow as we all like :twisted:
Terrorhead wrote:2. How should I go about to paint black rubber without using gloss varnish?
I had similar problem when I was painting rubbery elements on bile thralls - iirc I just painted these parts black and followed with several coats of watered down green or blue - I know that wasn't the best idea to make it look rubbery but was fine to me :roll:
Terrorhead wrote:3. What's the best way to paint sickly pale skin?
dead flesh + glazes of blues, greens and violets of Your choice! :D

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!