cryx

Do you still remember that some people use miniatures for gaming?
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

cryx

Post by Demi_morgana »

I have a question: does anyone of You play cryx, or had an opportunity to fight against them?
I am wondering about purchasing starter boxed set but have no idea what is really worth on the battlefield; unfortunately in free rulebook there are described only models from starter set but to be honest I don't really like them... IMO much better are dead pirates, zombies etc then warjacks...

so is there anybody who can answer my question? ;)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

RE: cryx

Post by ToMaZ »

Why don't you try the privateer press forums? They have a whole section with cryx tactics. I think you can find a couple of good lists and tactics there to base your Cryx on :)

cryx tactics on PP forum

To bad Poland is so far away, otherwise I would have whooped your *ss with my Khador :D ;)
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: RE: cryx

Post by Demi_morgana »

I didn't ask on the forum because I thought the would advice me to buy rulebooks... :? I'm fed up with buying minis etc which I never use... :(
ToMaZ wrote: To bad Poland is so far away, otherwise I would have whooped your *ss with my Khador :D ;)
bwah,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
I've never played but I'm sure no one can beat MIGHTY CRYX!!! :twisted: :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

RE: Re: RE: cryx

Post by ToMaZ »

Demi_morgana wrote: I didn't ask on the forum because I thought the would advice me to buy rulebooks... I'm fed up with buying minis etc which I never use...
well, Just browse the forum. I'm sure you'll get a lot of info in the different topics. And it's always worth it to just browse the forums :)

BTW every model in the Cryx starter box is good in game terms, except for the Slayer Helljack. I've been told it isn't worth it's points.
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: RE: Re: RE: cryx

Post by Demi_morgana »

ToMaZ wrote:BTW every model in the Cryx starter box is good in game terms, except for the Slayer Helljack. I've been told it isn't worth it's points.
thx for the advice; I've read thas some defilers / deathsptters ("chickens" :wink:) are a must in cryx battleforce;
but I'd really like my cryx upon mass of zombies etc; maybe the skeletons with power-fists? (whatever ther're called) and of course the fat guy on small machine legs! :D

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: cryx

Post by ToMaZ »

you mean the thrall's? they look very nice yes, but I don't know how they behave in the game. I've just started too :D According to the forum, a pistol wraith is a nice investment too :)
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

the pistol guy looks great; on forum several people wrote it's good investition;
I have to think about the leader - except the pirate queen all warcasters look nice to me;

maybe You could write what was the most nasty cryx force You had oppotrunity to play? it could help me a lot :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

Demi_morgana wrote: maybe You could write what was the most nasty cryx force You had oppotrunity to play? it could help me a lot
I'll ask my opponent what he fielded when he played against me because I don't remember exactly. He kicked my *ss with it. I know he used goreshade as a caster and a couple of bonejacks... I'll ask him as soon as I see hin online.

In the mean time I think it's worth to read these pages with nasty cryx tricks: Cryx tricks
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I'm also trying to decide between Cryx and Khador. (I believe this is the name..) Oh well, maybe I'll buy both! :roll:
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

Maybe it's easier when you know a bit about every faction:

Khador are the hardened warriors, they are use too cold extreme weather and use frost in the game to prevent the enemy from moving or getting up after being knocked down. They are slow moving and excel at close combat but have less ranged troops than other factions. Allthough their widowmakers and Mortar teams make up for it.

Cryx is sick... very sick. They are obviously undead. They use a lot of zombies and a couple of helljacks. The hell jacks are considered "medium jacks" because they are quite easily destroyed. The advantage is that they are fast and have a high attack value to compensate the low defense value. The little jacks from Cryx (defilers and deathrippers) can channel the warcaster's (wc) magic, so the WC can stay out of harms way. Denegrha is very nasty, because with her "poison" lore she's able to weaken the opponent. Her special feat weakens the opponent even more and that's when you can kick some serious butt.
Cryx has the possibility to field a lot of cheap infantry, and a popular tactic is to swarm the opponent with the little ones, and keep the big ones to finish the survivers off.

Cygnar is the most advanced of the Iron Kingdoms, which means the warjacks have a lot of neat gadjets that can be very irritating for your opponent. It's the same thing for the Cygnar WC, they walk around with some nice goodies that can really disrupt your opponents battle plan. They use a lot of disruption, which turns a warjack almost useless for a turn. The advantage of Cygnar is that they can do a lot of damage from a distance since they are more oriented at shooting and lightning based attacks and are not so strong in CC.

Menoth are the religous fanatics. They use fire, which can really hurt a opponents infantry and light warjacks. They are very magic orientated and have 1 light warjack that can channel magic (like the cryx 'jack) The problem with the light jacks is that they are easily destroyed. They are a bit faster than Khador, but not as hard in CC.

I don't know much about Mercenaries... :?

That's a (very) brief discription of the different factions... I hope it helps a bit when choosing what to start