Tyranids versions

Do you still remember that some people use miniatures for gaming?
Lai

Tyranids versions

Post by Lai »

I'm going to say an heresy: i prefer the first version of tyranids.
Because the first models, like the hive tirant, the lictor or the hormagaunts where more detailed and alien looking than the new ones that are bigger, yes, but more plain and have also some "human-like" weapons

Not all the new minis are bad, i like a lot the red terror and the Old One-Eye.

what do you think about?
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

RE: Tyranids versions

Post by mahon »

You know, Lai, I must agree with you to some extent...

First of all I hate the 'nids running around with guns. I just can't get it. I would love to see them with some bio-weapons growing out of them, not carriued in claws.

And I loved the 2 ed. version of Tyranids - the "I will hug you" Carnifex, the old Tyrant, the lictor with the arms/claws stretched above him to strike down upon the victim...

I know the current models are much better technically speaking.

But I would love to see them more based on the old design, but with more detail and with the current casting/sculpting quality.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

GW seems to think like an Ork: "Big is best" ;)

Seriously though, I like the new Carnifex, because I didn't really liked the previous one, but that's about it. The rest of the new models don't attract me at all
I allways thought of tyranids like the creatures from the Aliens movie. Very aggressive, dark, slimy, deadly aliens... without guns :)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

He's right' He's right! Give him some beer!

I agree with you - I also wasn't too fond of the previous carnifex, and the new one seems to be pretty good.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Well I'm really loving the new 'Fex and didn't really liked the first 'Nids. (but that had more to do that I was always losing when I fought them! :roll: )

I'm a sucker for Genestealer Cultst though so I hope they will make some rules for them.

And I agree, guns on beasts are silly!
Lai

Post by Lai »

you guys are better informed than me: do you know if GW will do a new version of the old plastic genestealers?
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

I don't know if they are completely new but the current ones seem to have new heads.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

The old style zonathropes were a favourite of mine, because the heads could be used as very interesting shields. The newest of them have better detailing in the braincase area. I am another that agrees that gun carrying bugs, just doesn't make sense, now blend those guns into the body so it appears they function as part of the anatomy such as spitting acid blobs, spines shooting from arms due to muscle conractions, I can see!!!!
ensamvargen

Re: Tyranids versions

Post by ensamvargen »

I can see why you don't like the new 'nids. With all the guns and such, but at some point I like symbiotic in the ranged weapons, the fleshborer for example, a bug shooting other bugs at its prey. With that said, I HATE THE "HOLDING A WEAPON" PART!!! Body parts that function as weapons for the win.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Re: Tyranids versions

Post by Skrit »

You do realise that this thread's last post was from almost six years ago don't you?! ;)