What music do you listen to when you paint?

All the stuff which didn't fit anywhere else
Bexley
Usually in a hurry

Post by Bexley »

The best description I've ever heard for black metal is "music to rape nuns to."
paintminion

Post by paintminion »

If anyone here knows about Doctor Demento on the radio, George is a big fan...therefore his music, (when we forget to put in a new cd before he gets there) always gets...interesting. Trov, sounds like you could use George's special mix to help expand your horizons. ;-)
Kenneth

Post by Kenneth »

As for music profiles I have this one on iLike http://www.ilike.com/user/Kenneth_C105
iLike is a Facebook app. It allows one to listen to samples of what other iLike members have in their music libraries, see which tunes they listen too, and how often, etc.

I'll be painting shortly, so Enya is on at the moment. I consider her to fit into my 'vocal ambient' pigeon hole though the term is probably an oxymoron...
Bexley
Usually in a hurry

Post by Bexley »

Enya? What, will you be painting My Little Ponies?

:wink:
Kenneth

Post by Kenneth »

Actually I'm listening to a piano sonata right now while painting a Termi...

I've seen alot of those ponies... 7 daughters (when I could in step daughters) will give one that experience. :)

Done repairs to broken Barbie doll type horse legs, sculpted new ears etc. but that's a much harder plastic...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

my little ponies? You mean the steeds of slaanesh? ^^

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Trovarion

Post by Trovarion »

paintminion wrote:If anyone here knows about Doctor Demento on the radio, George is a big fan...therefore his music, (when we forget to put in a new cd before he gets there) always gets...interesting. Trov, sounds like you could use George's special mix to help expand your horizons. ;-)
seriously, I seldom base my theories on a few songs, so I've actually been trying to find...death...black...goth...whatever...metal that I could consider interesting, but either the music is too vulominous and heavy/busy (flight or fight hormone shock anyone?) or the singers were absolutely hurting my ears (hey, I am a shouter in a band! oh great, this is what you do when you can't sing or play any instrument, right *dang*) ... feel free to convince me...
then again I have the feeling that the topics just don't appeal to me, or further are in direct contradiction with my life-philosophies: the general autoagressive vibes and hate-topics, over to the ones that employ social-darwinistic ideals *shrug* I have yet to find anything appealing in it...

I also lost track of most of the categories for techno derivates and can't believe anyone can really distinguish them lol...

oh yeah, that reminds me of a stupid question: difference between death and black metal (besides the staggered emo factor)? :P
Kenneth

Post by Kenneth »

Right now I'm too soused after drinking a bottle of lemoncello to anwer coherently, but I'm still sober enough to start a few new threads...
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Trovarion wrote:oh yeah, that reminds me of a stupid question: difference between death and black metal (besides the staggered emo factor)? :P
Death metal is an extreme heavy metal subgenre. It is typically characterized by the use of heavily-distorted guitars, harsh low-pitched growled vocals, morbid lyrics, fast-paced rhythms and melodies, and unconventional song structures.

Black metal can contain, but is not limited to, a variety of the following characteristics. Guitars are typically fast and highly distorted, played using alternate picking or tremolo picking, with relatively thin or thick guitar tone and low frequencies typically absent. There is a frequent use of chromatics shifted up and down by semitones from a given central tonic to create an uneasy atmosphere (commonly featuring the tritone interval). Pendulum strumming may be applied to fully voiced chords (usually minor, sometimes diminished) in a denser portion of a piece, and an altering of already established scales for a more dissonant, "evil" sound (such as the harmonic minor). Additionally, there is a rare use of guitar solos. Drum techniquies used include double bass, blast beat, and D-beat drumming. Some bands, often solo artists, rely on drum machines instead of a human drummer.

personally I prefer Black :)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Frost

Re: What music do you listen to when you paint?

Post by Frost »

Basically from Lisa Gerrard and Dead Can Dance to Slayer and Devil Driver ^^