WIP and colorscheme test

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Ayame

WIP and colorscheme test

Post by Ayame »

Here's a wip on what I'm currently working on.
ImageClick to see full-sized image

And here's a colorscheme only 1,5 h paintjob, did it to get a rough idea of the colors, the goal was to make it as close to the 'eavy metal team's studio army. Might not look very alike atm however I believe the end result will be good.
ImageClick to see full-sized image

So, what ya think? too blue/Green? not highlighted enough? or just totally wrong. Let me know :)
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

RE: WIP and colorscheme test

Post by Corvus »

smooth stuff, especially the Hod
The lizardman needs a bit more highlights IMHO
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I gennerally don't lioke lizardmen, so this skink also didn't impress me too much.

OTOH the first mini is very nice. I love the colors. They look natural and pretty dramatic at the same time.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Lai

Post by Lai »

i like the blue of the cape of the first mini, great colorscheme!:D

i agree with Corvus for the lizardman, maybe it's just the light, but i suggest some more highlighting
it has a beautiful eye!:D
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

the first mini looks great!! very nice colors. I especially like the face and the blue cape.

I hate skinks... but that's because I once had to assemble and paint 48 of those nasty little buggers :) the blowpipes broke when I clipped them from the sprue and such...

anyway, your skink looks good to, allthough it would benefit from some more highlights.
Last edited by ToMaZ on 12 May 2005, o 11:35, edited 1 time in total.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

ToMaZ wrote:I once had to assemble and paint 48 of those nasty little buggers :)
stuff like this made me quit the warhammer gaming hobby :D
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Corvus wrote:
ToMaZ wrote:I once had to assemble and paint 48 of those nasty little buggers :)
stuff like this made me quit the warhammer gaming hobby :D
Me too! When I decided to construct and paint 105 Clanrats at same time it seemed like easy, what a fool was I! :(

I like the First model, nice realistic colours and as for the Skink, if it's just rank and file I think the paintjob is good like that! :)
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

ToMaZ wrote:I hate skinks... but that's because I once had to assemble and paint 48 of those nasty little buggers :) the blowpipes broke when I clipped them from the sprue and such...
I hate skinks because many times my VC cavalry was massacred by their god-damned blowpipes... :evil:

but painting in very nice :wink:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!