Pandadosmares WIP's

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Pandadosmares WIP's

Post by Pandadosmares »

Hi,

im having some doubts about my champion, so what better to do then to ask for some help.

Heres the champion still some work to go (sorry about the pictures, im a lousy at it)

ImageClick to see full-sized image

The clothes are finished and i was going for a velvet/silky look i think i achieved that look its all got nice and smoot with the blending.

i dont really like vallejo mat and satin varnish it always gives me more shinny than i was looking for.

Now heres what i need your help, the backpack i was looking for some angel kind of backpack, but something isn't quite right

Would you change the backpack , the wings color or what?
The backpack isnt painted just primed.

I think that this mini is cursed :cry:

thanks
Last edited by Pandadosmares on 20 Apr 2009, o 11:41, edited 1 time in total.
Lemartes

RE: Angel of redemption master/champion Help needed

Post by Lemartes »

Strange ;) but the main idea is good.i dont like the cloth-it looks funny on that mini :P hm, and you could do smth with sword.but nice mini btw ;)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I like he front of the cloth but am not that enthusiastic about the back.
I would make shading deeper on the white parts, to improve definition of details.

The backpack looks just fine to me. I like the idea, but the feathers look flat to me again. But I tend to expect too much ;)

Welcome here! :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

welcome aboard :)
I actually like the idea of wings - but as mahon wrote feathers look flat; drop od wash should help :)
I don't think the purple was the best choice for the skirt :think:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
LittleDave

Post by LittleDave »

He mentioned the backpack (wings) are only primed at the moment, so that could be natural coloring from the base coat.

Miniature wise, I think the backpack looks good. Realistically I couldn't see anyone wearing that around in battle unless the wings extend and allow the user to take flight. It could just look odd because the design isn't very viable. :think:
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Hi thanks for the help.

I finished the metals on the armour, and im going now for the sword (since it had no work besides the first color just to see some kind of finished picture)

The back cloth has the same look as the front i just taken a brighten picture to see if the bleending of the colors was ok, and i think it is :lol:
In the cloths i was looking for a Velvet silk kind of look, were the light would change the colors between purple and violet, i didnt wanted the normal white cloth.
It looks better in the mini then in my photos (blame the photographer :lol: )

As for the wings, thats my big problem they look odd.
I just gave them a blue wash to see the effect.

I still trying to figure if ill go with a diferent backpack maybe one from the DA command set, or paint the wings with 3 possibilities:
- Black/grey shadows
- Blue shadows
- or a mix black grey and blue

Oh, btw maybe this will help the base will be of a ruined city, that way giving him the look of the saviour, thats why the wings.

Here's the dread and the terminator with the bases finished

All sugestions are welcome, once again thanks a lot for the help.
Ill add some photos later with the update.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

you definitely should work on better quality of pics - this green/white colro scheme deserves it! :D

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Agreed, would like to see better and also bigger pics.:)
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Wraithlord

Post by Wraithlord »

I like that Dread, nicely painted. I have to agree with the above comment about the Champions robes, they just don't look right. I think it is the purple personally, doesn't seem to fit right with the green/bone scheme.