Clear Plastic/Acylic Advice and Idea Help

How to convert or sculpt a miniature? How to make a decent base or even a full diorama?!
Darkmessiah

Clear Plastic/Acylic Advice and Idea Help

Post by Darkmessiah »

Hiya Guys!

Am working on the backpack of my 'PH Emps Child mini' and to show the corruption and changes they made to their bodies leading up to the heresy i want to make a combat drug injection system and incorporate it into his backpack.
i was originally going to make the injectors out of brass rod and paint the liquid on, but i remembed Matt Cexwish's fantastic 'Creator vs. Creation' scene and so to add to the realism id like to lend his clear hypodermic needle idea and use clear acrylic rods/tubes for the injectors and clear sheet plastic for the central mixing hatch. but would that be the best way to do it, or is their an easier way? is their anythin i need to know before workin with clear acrylic? does anyone know where i can get clear acrylic rods around 1mm-1.5 mm dia? am strugglin to find smaller than 3mm, am considering drilling out a rod but will that scratch the interior so much u wont be able to see through it?

Heres the backpack, am goin to take out the Gs that in the middle, deepen the hole, pour some coloured resin in, then put the plastic on top, seal it with pva then stand it up so it looks like its half full. the injectors will prob go underneath either side with a corkscrew mechanism or somethin, make it look like the chemicals are being mixed together to make the combat drug

ImageClick to see full-sized image

if anyones got any tips, practical advice or have done somethin similar and are willing to share that be great, ud really be helping me out. as always critique on the idea/work so far is appreciated and encouraged!
Docitalicus

Re: Clear Plastic/Acylic Advice and Idea Help

Post by Docitalicus »

Darkmessiah wrote:Hiya Guys!

Am working on the backpack of my 'PH Emps Child mini' and to show the corruption and changes they made to their bodies leading up to the heresy i want to make a combat drug injection system and incorporate it into his backpack.
i was originally going to make the injectors out of brass rod and paint the liquid on, but i remembed Matt Cexwish's fantastic 'Creator vs. Creation' scene and so to add to the realism id like to lend his clear hypodermic needle idea and use clear acrylic rods/tubes for the injectors and clear sheet plastic for the central mixing hatch. but would that be the best way to do it, or is their an easier way? is their anythin i need to know before workin with clear acrylic? does anyone know where i can get clear acrylic rods around 1mm-1.5 mm dia? am strugglin to find smaller than 3mm, am considering drilling out a rod but will that scratch the interior so much u wont be able to see through it?

Heres the backpack, am goin to take out the Gs that in the middle, deepen the hole, pour some coloured resin in, then put the plastic on top, seal it with pva then stand it up so it looks like its half full. the injectors will prob go underneath either side with a corkscrew mechanism or somethin, make it look like the chemicals are being mixed together to make the combat drug

ImageClick to see full-sized image

if anyones got any tips, practical advice or have done somethin similar and are willing to share that be great, ud really be helping me out. as always critique on the idea/work so far is appreciated and encouraged!
For clear acrylics rods, I would suggest to find at the houseward or garden store those small wire, with metallic inside that would be used for closing garbage bags. Usuially they are plain green, but you can find clear ones somewhere, I saw them.
hope it works, otherwise, they with small inhalers, they should have a clear rod inside for getting the drug out, not sure about how small they are though
ciao
Doc