rescue mission

Do you still remember that some people use miniatures for gaming?
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

rescue mission

Post by Demi_morgana »

last night orlocks' terrain has been invaded by narco-scavvies once again! but this time it wasn't standard engagement (or in my case: fight for anything eatable :D ), this time it was rescue mission!
after last battle (gang fight) one of my fighter was captured by sneaky orlock... if I played "normal" gang I wouldn't bother with such loss BUT I run scavvies which means I run beggars, cannibals, trash collectors and junkies! my gang is generally so poor that I'm happy if I'm not forced to eat any of my gangers to stay alive! :D
so there was a rescue:
during terrain deployment we gathered most of buildings in a single corner to represent orlocks' settlment:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

as it was pretty easy to predict the captive has been placed on the top of water reserves tank:

it's not that I don't like ladders or sth like that bacause friday 13th we had yesterday (on the other hand I cannot be sure if my gangers are superstitious or not... actually I can't be sure about anything in their case ^^ ), but I rolled blown away in treacherous conditions table: if model gets on elevated terrain it must pass strength test each turn or become pinned AND that means it can fall down... because of water tank's size falling down from second condignation equals certain death! :pale:
orlock leader and one of gangers decided to babysit the prisioner - a ladder to be more specific :) these two were chosen because of high initiative value: we modified the rules and the initiatove test at the beginning of the turn decided which models can activate, if they can activate at all; they parked the car between ruins: ganger decided to take a walk and the leader was trying to guess who was the bastard that scratched the varnish on his beloved toy*

nercotic rescue party was moving hasty from the opposing table edge; I rolled 7 for the number of my gangers in this mission but the boss managed to bring 5 rasta plague zombies! :twisted:

sentinels were constantly looking (and scattering) in wrong direction so my junkies reached two of the ruins in front of the orlock! they were so close that both gangs could almost smell opponents' stench! (stench of dirty feet in case of orlocks, and rotting flesh - in mine :zombie: )

once again sentries was doing everything else but not looking in the correct direction (they move and look in random direction until they spot
the enemy and sound the alarm) so rescue party moved closer: so close that a lucky move roll for zombies could bring them both to melee with orlocks boss... :pray:

and that's what exactly happened! :twisted: both plague zombies emerged from ruins and charged (it this can be called "a charge" in case of zombies... they were both annihilated next turn :? ) other scavvies led by boss moved closer to the car, preparing to take down enemy leader from the distance if power of 2 hungry zombies will me not enough; 2 more zombies and 2 scavvies moved to the second ruins - unortunatelly my ganger missed the other guard and moreover caused sounding the alarm!
:shock:

fortunately for me orlock boss was taken down quickly so scavvies could set the covering fire from autoguns and autopistols - one of scalies got the task to climb up and rescue the captive;
in the other ruins orlock guard was killed by zombies, which were taken care by orlock reserves in the next turn - thanks god I don't have to pay for them :mrgreen:

that's second last turn before end of game: scavvy armed with 2 close combat weapons charged 2 orlocks** and with help of comrade managed to kill 2 enemy gangers; rest of narco-crew was laying wall of fire on remaining orlocks; scaly managed to kill one of them, pinned another AND made another more runing fot the eee... hills?

the final: after all humies have been pinned (blue counters), taken down or forced to flee we we both gangs agreed that I don't wanna risk looking any of my scavvies and orlocks want to take the wounded away from battle

aftermatch:
all in all it was pretty exciting game, I really enjoyed pathetic cc duels like 2 charching zombies which couldn't even scratch the opponent or a single zombie engaging enemy for several rounds and finally - killing him ^^
after the battle (post battle sequence) it turned out that one of zombie-bitten orlocks turned into plague zombie and attacked gang member :D
both gangs got some experience, and my boss located spour*** dealer so from now on I have full right to call my men junkies! :pimp:
necromunda + 3 boozers per throat... YUM!!!

*I bet it was a scavvy :mrgreen:

** I thought: 2 melee weapons, charge bonus, I'll charge them both, kill one with the eye-blink, make the other flee etc... yeah, sure: it was like a hitting brick wall with head, my ganger survived ONLY because he got another wound on the profile after previous battle :banghead:

***drug similar to amphetamine
Last edited by Demi_morgana on 15 Apr 2007, o 13:02, edited 1 time in total.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Quite enjoyable report, like previous ones i always have a blast following these.

i only miss the bugs :cry: :D
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

What you say Nav!:)
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

NAVARRO wrote:i only miss the bugs :cry: :D
hehe, no worries man:
it was a rescue mission - that's why we had pretty clear victory conditions :) next time there'll be bugs and when I bulid mega-cthonian there'll be "blow the bug up" game for sure! :D
Last edited by Demi_morgana on 14 Apr 2007, o 22:46, edited 1 time in total.

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
NAVARRO
Mr. Bug-Man

Post by NAVARRO »

Demi_morgana wrote:
NAVARRO wrote:i only miss the bugs :cry: :D
hehe, no worries man:
it was a rescue mission - that's why we had pretty clear victory conditions :) next time there'll be bugs and when I bulid mega-cthonian there'll be "blow the bug up" game gor sure! :D
thats more like it! im itchy already :)
Deco

Post by Deco »

Mmm... Drugs are baaad... :pimp:
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

no, they aren't - especially is they can turn my scally into unstoppable armageddon! :twisted:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I still wonder what are these green thingies? Are you using plastic army men? ;)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

models sculpted in green stuff... :lol:
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

these green guys are em4 soilders covered with basecoat only; today Deco promissed to paint them on friday battle - we'll see :pray:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!