Accidently primered with a gloss...what now?

Everything from sanding and priming to varnishing!
Necronomitron

Accidently primered with a gloss...what now?

Post by Necronomitron »

I was primering a mini today and while my mind was elsewhere grabbed a can of gloss black spraypaint. I only really noticed the black cap on the spray can (like I said, my mind was elsewhere). So now I have a nice, shiny Blighted Archer. I'm not sure if it's even a problem, I just haven't been painting long enough to know.

So I'm guess that my options are a) clean it and go again, b) primer over it with the real deal, c) just go with it and see how it turns out. Any suggestions?
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

RE: Accidently primered with a gloss...what now?

Post by Demi_morgana »

if You undercoated mini with glossy black that's no problem:
mix some gw, vallejo or whatever brand You use black paint with lots ow water and cover the mini with it, a single layer should remove the gloss :scholar:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Angel_of_Menoth

RE: Accidently primered with a gloss...what now?

Post by Angel_of_Menoth »

you could also just use a matte sealer over the top. the matte surface will give paint a bit of surface to grip. The gloss isn't going to play well as a base surface. The color should be fine, you just need a surface that the paint can adhere to. Gloss is too smooth to serve as a solid base. Spray it with a matte sealer and that will give it the texture you want.