I still want to improve my painting.

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
huitzilopochtli

Re: I still want to improve my painting.

Post by huitzilopochtli »

Thanks for the feedback, Maru. I see what you mean about the cloak. I'll keep it in mind for next time. Heads, too. I was pretty happy with the base but I guess he could stand to be a little taller. I've got a guy with some basic plinths, though, so I'll be adding some in a while. The off composition was actually deliberate. In my mind savage orcs are attracted to clashing colours. :)

Anyway, don't worry about the delay. Bit of a hiatus myself and haven't gotten round to sharing any WIP shots. Here's another finished one, though. Didn't do anything special with the base, he was an exercise in practicing NMM, and for the most part I think he turned out pretty well.

Enjoy!

ImageClick to see full-sized image
ImageClick to see full-sized image
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

o hello :)
i like the scythe and i mean it - it is good ! very good
BUT what happend with the rest of gold jewlery on the mummy ? is not as jucy saturated as the scythe and looks a bit like made of bones - a to little contrast to over all bandages , mummy pastelle grey theme
if your goal was to get a Heavy metal theme PJ - you get it - it is cryspy and way to clean for me :P
but like i sey before - EM team would use metallicks and this would give required contrast just by it or they would go with contrast so over the board that it will be no misstoke what material is what like on official PJ of Liche Priest
in this case your Skin (well mummy skin not your's :P) is way to clouse to NMM Gold and they "meld" - they are both a warm colours and they are a bit creamy if skin was a cold hue contrast would automaticly hops up a noch

chers :D
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

A very impressive paint job! I fully agree with Maru about the face, make it more contrasting, maybe with colder tones.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22