SkelettetS wip

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
SkelettetS
(Forum newbie)

SkelettetS wip

Post by SkelettetS »

hey folks! ok time to post something about what im doing then :) im currently working on a pink horror squad for german gd, so i have 1½ month to finish these. should be possible, even with my speed ;)

ok express walkthrough whats done so far..
banner is done. fairly happy with it. had to push it a bit though..

some horrors.. two of them more or less finished so far...

currently working on the sorcerer...

what i really need is some tips/ideas, especially about bases. not doing anything advanced there though.

cheers! Stefan
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: SkelettetS wip

Post by Nameless »

few quick comments, if I may :)
1. banner - I've grown quite a big personal hate towards freehanded banners (clothes, eldar falcons etc.). Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine skeletons painting sunsets over castles on cliffs...eldars airbrushing naked ladies over their machines of war...or horrors painting images of their lord...
yes, you can also call it envy, as I can't paint like this :) apart from this subjective comment, I think that blue flame on the standard could get slightly brighter final highlights.

2. horror - lovely skin on the first pic, with rich colours, great contrast and smoothness. but, transitions look more abrupt on the second pic. not sure, maybe it's a matter of photo angle, maybe it's WIP.

3. sorcerer - not much to comment so far, but I like parts which I think are finished (or close to that). I think I'm gonna love red glowing eyes here.

4. bases - not sure... tzeentch is the master of change, mutation, and I tend to think of fire when it comes to tzeentch (there still are these fiery tzeentch demons, right?)
so, maybe some small warped trees/bushes? or simple ground/grass/slate/ruined slabs with blue flames (just as on the banner)?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Well, for me freehands on a skeleton banners are acceptable, even if this stupid smiling skeleton doesn't know, how to use paint and brush, hahaha :lol: It's just for good overall look, but yes, I have to admit - many painters simply paint banners with rich freehands almost always and I don't have problem with this :)

I love colours, purple and blue/turquoise tints and metallics. Freehand itself reminds me of this - Sorcerer of Tzeentch from Warhammer Invasion (btw I loved this card, when I played this game):

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Source

Horrors have great skin so far, beautiful colours and smooth transitions.

The last one - well, like Nameless said: waiting for more.

And about the bases... Maybe some tentacles, purple/blue variations or something? I don't really know, how NOT to overdo, but maybe it'll work together. Maybe some "magic-chaosy terrain" with craters, rocks, glowing stones, maybe lava somewhere?
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

looking good, but here's a little suggestion, why don't you add a little pink highlights to the flames in the banner?

:clap:
SkelettetS
(Forum newbie)

Post by SkelettetS »

hey, many thanks for feedback folks!

heh well, guess i didnt think about the banner that way. lets say the sorcerer designed it for them to carry :) brigher highlight of the flames is def something to look into. not easy getting a squad perfect in a strict time frame for sure!

the second horror is a bit off colorwise at the images, it look very "cold" in these images, but in real lift its more like the other one. a bit warmer.
Amadis

Post by Amadis »

I love the skin tones, and the metals too. It will be an awsome unit. Cheers.
raein
(Forum newbie)

Post by raein »

The metallics and the skin tone stand out too me, I do agree the flames on the banner need another finer highlight to make it pop. I honestly wish I could freehand like the image on your banner which I like by the way! Very envious here. Keep it up would like to see more
SkelettetS
(Forum newbie)

Post by SkelettetS »

Thanks for input and feedback folks! unfortunately time is running and i have to push forward a bit, leaving the banner. have to fix the little stuff later if i have time. so...
finished the sorcerer and based him. turned out pretty decent but for a single there are stuff i probably would have worked some more on.
based the two finished horrors too, made a small fire ring around them using vallejo water effect (silicone). looks better irl i might add ;)
the gang so far. been cleaning and assembling the horror hero model, comming up next. cant wait. uääääh :D
raein
(Forum newbie)

Post by raein »

Love the bases that the horrors are on, I reckon it suits them well. The sorcerer looks pretty bad ass too
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Heya, it's great to see you here 8)
I'll be watching the thread for sure!

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!