Treating the threat

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Metalchaos

Treating the threat

Post by Metalchaos »

In preparation for Halloween, here are some horror I painted last week. 02282, Ghoul Warrior sculpted by Bob Ridolfi and 02941, Ghouls and Ghast sculpted by Ben Siens, all by Reaper Miniatures. I’ve cut the Ghoul Warrior arm to meet the needs of the diorama I’m working on now for Reaper Halloween Contest.

I used Vallejo cork brown as base color for the skin. Then, I applied a flat brown wash and blended some highlights with green gray and dark flesh which in fact are not dark at all. I finished with purple bruises and different tones of flat red mixed with charcoal color for the blood.

I hope you’ll like them, your comments and critiques are very welcome.

Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Treating the threat

Post by Demi_morgana »

These guys with club and bone are really nice!
Very characterful sculpts.

As for paintjob I'd give the flesh another layer of highlight - like diluted base color to make it even more striking. And as for the blood - Tamyia clear red much better paint choice :)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Treating the threat

Post by Pandadosmares »

those are really cool.

i agree with D give them tamiya