Little Jimbo's Works

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Little Jimbo's 2012

Post by sea.man »

When I look at this necromancer and Vlad, I see big progress. Especially on the cloak, skulls and you even tried to make OSL! You still need to work on the skin, try to use more layers to paint the face.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

yes, much better than your previous paintjob.
you could try to work on smoothness of your transitions, these look quite rough in places.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Little Jimbo

Post by Little Jimbo »

Thanks both of you, it is good to know that I am not the only one that feels i am making progress.
And yes this skin is not the best part of this mini but it was also the first thing painted and with the "old" Technic, and the base color ended up being the shadow color.
I also so need to be more brave on the black highlight it is to discrete.

Regards
Daniel
p1per

Post by p1per »

Compared to the first mini you posted in this thread you can clearly see some progress.

I think the OSL turned out great. I guess he would benefit from some brighter highlights on his staff and I'm missing some highlights on his black coat. ;) The skin has already been adressed - I don't know if that's what you want but if you paint a similiar skin on another mini you could try painting the skin with only grey tones (or just mixing in a tinytinytiny bit of violett) and then adding that violett undead touch mainly by glazing over midtones and shadows. Not sure how this will turn out but I think with some experimenting it could have a nice effect.
Little Jimbo

Post by Little Jimbo »

p1per wrote:Compared to the first mini you posted in this thread you can clearly see some progress.

I think the OSL turned out great. I guess he would benefit from some brighter highlights on his staff and I'm missing some highlights on his black coat. ;) The skin has already been adressed - I don't know if that's what you want but if you paint a similiar skin on another mini you could try painting the skin with only grey tones (or just mixing in a tinytinytiny bit of violett) and then adding that violett undead touch mainly by glazing over midtones and shadows. Not sure how this will turn out but I think with some experimenting it could have a nice effect.
It was kind of a test to see how a pure purple base color works as shadow for a grayish skin tone. But next time ill try something in the line of what you are saying. as i agree that the Shadow is a bit to overpowering, but compared to val,the mini that I painted before this mini, I needed to experiment with greater contrasts when painting skin in gray colors.

and yes i nee to be more aggressiv on the black high ligths.

Regards
Daniel
Little Jimbo

Re: Little Jimbo's Works

Post by Little Jimbo »

A quick paint job after a long time without serious painting. It is nice to be painting once more.

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Last edited by Little Jimbo on 27 May 2013, o 19:55, edited 1 time in total.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

very small picture, so it is hard to judge :(
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Little Jimbo

Post by Little Jimbo »

sea.man wrote:very small picture, so it is hard to judge :(
Sorry the link was wrong it is updated now, so please take a new look at the picture, all of you :-)

and let me hear what you all think. You probably pick up things that i can do better on the next project, that I can't see my self.

Best Regards
Daniel