Character for my Pathfinder game

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
CreganTur
(Forum newbie)

Character for my Pathfinder game

Post by CreganTur »

Been working on a few pieces for myself now that my last commission is out of the way. My gaming group is starting up a Pathfinder campaign and I'm playing a Magus with a twist- took some mounted combat feats and his horse is his familiar. It'll be interesting to play and I'm really looking forward to it. So, I needed 2 versions of my character- 1 on foot and the other mounted.

I converted this Dark Sword high elf warrior by sculpting some flames onto the sword and his outstretched hand. Really gave it the look I was going for. Flames turned out pretty well, too. Since this is just a gaming piece I didn't want to bother with OSL from the flames.

For the mounted version I found the most decent looking knight I could find from Reaper, which was actually pretty hard. I chose Reaper because they're at a LHS- didn't want to order anything and then have to wait for him to come in. I'm pleased with it for the most part. The tack along the horse's flanks was the worst sculpted part of all, but the rest of the figure was solid. I used the horse painting tutorial on CMON as a starting point but ended up going a completely different direction in technique.

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: Character for my Pathfinder game

Post by Nameless »

hey, I painted that mounted knight few years ago :)

Demi says that painted minis get better dice rolls in table-top gaming, I hope it's true for RPG too :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================