High Elves Sea Guard

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
volomir

High Elves Sea Guard

Post by volomir »

Hello Chest of Colors!

I feel bad because I forgot to post these on the Chest, so please forgive me. Better late than never! So here they are.

I present you this Sea Guard which I painted as part of my future High Elves army, the one I started with the Elf prince of Tribute to the Fallen (you might remember it, an elf riding a lion). I know I won't finish my army anytime soon, maybe I will die before I see them completed, but it's something i'd love to have. These guys went to the spanish Golden Demon 2011 and they won Gold in the Fantasy Unit category.

I wrote a huge process on how I did them, I would post them on the forum but I feel it's too big to do it, so I'll just put the link to my blog if you want to read it.

Any comments are more than welcome, as usual. Thanks everyone! :D

Link to coolminiornot: http://coolminiornot.com/282975

Process: Step by Step Article

mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Re: High Elves Sea Guard

Post by mahon »

you say you're sorry? probably only because many of us haven't had a chance to congratulate you on these great paintjobs and your success at the Golden Demon!
well done.

you know, one can be impressed with a well painted miniature, but what you did was giving ALL THOSE MINIATURES paintjobs that are often only seen on single miniatures, and I mean single miniatures in showcase quality.

excellent harmony, great painting, cool choice of colors - and now multiply it x10.
yeah, now you got my opinion ^^
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Great unit, congratulations with GD :clap:
I am amazed you did them extra scales!
I think one more unit and you can play border patrol rules ::
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

This just killed my TOG :lol: , nah its a great inspiration to keep it alive :clap:

A well deserved prize "felicitaciones" :clap:
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

And now I won't even dare to post my space marines for my ToG :cry:

And of course, congrats, well deserved :clap:
volomir

Post by volomir »

Thank you guys!
mahon wrote:you say you're sorry? probably only because many of us haven't had a chance to congratulate you on these great paintjobs and your success at the Golden Demon!
well done.

yeah, now you got my opinion ^^
Mahon, I don't look for congratulations when I post this, does it look like it? Because its not my intention at all. I am a member of a lot of painting forums and I usually post my paintings on everyone of them, just this time I forgot about the Chest, and I feel bad about that, it was very rude from my part. I wrote a huge process on how I did them and I'm sure it can help a lot of people, so it seems fair that people from the Chest also get to see it in case they want to, as everyone else from other forums do. Please don't get me wrong, I am not that kind of person! Anyway, apart from that, thanks for your kind words about the painting! :D

Will anyone of you attend GD Germany? I will be there and I'd love to meet any of you who wish to talk a bit.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Actually I think there is a group of CoC members going to Köln - Camelson, Flameon, Bohun?
Or at least thy were supposed to go :)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

volomir wrote:Mahon, I don't look for congratulations when I post this, does it look like it?
not at all!
I was only joking ^^
When you spend some time with us you will see we tend to be ironic... sometimes.
I'd like to say "rarely" but you might take me seriously again ^^ so let me be honest with you: it's not rarely :twisted:
volomir wrote:I forgot about the Chest, and I feel bad about that, it was very rude from my part.
rude? why?
the internet is full of painting communities, and you have a great Spanish-speaking one, so why would you have to remember about additional ones?
If you do - it's more than welcome, but don't think about it as something you have to do. If you do it - that's fantastic and surely useful for most of us here. If you don't, well, we'll have to find it by ourselves...
volomir wrote:I wrote a huge process on how I did them and I'm sure it can help a lot of people
huge, indeed! I saw it and can only be impressed with the amount of work you put into this unit and detailed writeup of your work.
volomir wrote:Please don't get me wrong, I am not that kind of person!
I don't think any one of us thought about you this way. And congratulations were what you really deserved - hence my joke.
volomir wrote:Will anyone of you attend GD Germany? I will be there and I'd love to meet any of you who wish to talk a bit.
I really regret that this year we won't be able to go to Cologne, as we loved the city and enjoyed the event two years ago. Unfortunately this year we won't go to any foreign GD because of our little boy, so we can only be envious....

But I know there's a nice group of people from this forum arranging a trip to the GD :)
Have fun there!
-- Mahoń

volomir

Post by volomir »

mahon wrote:
volomir wrote:I forgot about the Chest, and I feel bad about that, it was very rude from my part.
rude? why?
the internet is full of painting communities, and you have a great Spanish-speaking one, so why would you have to remember about additional ones?
If you do - it's more than welcome, but don't think about it as something you have to do. If you do it - that's fantastic and surely useful for most of us here. If you don't, well, we'll have to find it by ourselves...
Rude because of thinking about other painting communities and forget about this one! That's why! :bonk:
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

oh come on, we're not the kind that is offended so easily ^^
-- Mahoń