Serraphim's Seaforge

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
Serraphim

Serraphim's Seaforge

Post by Serraphim »

Good Afternoon.

I just discovered this awesome section of my favourite forum, and it coincides with my FLGS' Warmahordes Journeyman league. I'm going to be doing Seaforge for the Journeyman, so I'll be tracking my progress here.

To start, what I have for Seaforge right now:
Durgen Madhammer
Gorten Grundback

Grundback Gunners X8
Ghordson Avalancher
Ghordson Basher
Wroughthammer Rockram x2
Ghordson Driller x2

Hammerfall High Shield Gun Corps X6 + UA
Horgenhold Forge Guard X10
Herne & Jonne
Ogrun Bokur
Thor Steinhammer

8 Gunners is way too many, so I have 3 Blaster guns coming from PP to change those. I also have an order in for 6 more High Shields, General Ossrum and Brun and Lug. I will consider this army finished with a second unit of Forge Guard and 2 more Bokurs.

Unfortunately no pics as they are about read to go into a nice acetone soup (a couple of the jacks have super glue mounds instead of legs, and things were just not glued in the proper position).

Tonight however I am going to start work on the bases. I'm using these Micro Art bases as inspiration (http://www.shop.microartstudio.com/imag ... 40x180.jpg).
Last edited by Nameless on 20 Nov 2012, o 09:42, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected typo in the title
mahon wrote:whatever you do - be bold with it. being shy will result in boring miniatures.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Re: Serraphim's Searforge

Post by Nameless »

good luck with the tale :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Good luck :)
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

very nice to see you joining :)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Serraphim's Seaforge

Post by Demi_morgana »

Good luck!
I remember I also wanted to give Searforge a try yet all I managed to collect was 2 gunners :mrgreen:
One of them were sacrificed to M.E. god... :twisted:

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Serraphim

Post by Serraphim »

So everything got dunked into the acetone last night. Kept checking periodically and as of this morning they still need to sit in there. Plan for tonight is to work on the bases.
mahon wrote:whatever you do - be bold with it. being shy will result in boring miniatures.
Serraphim

Post by Serraphim »

So I have a little problem. The searforge have been in pure acetone for almost a week now and its still not stripping the paint. Anyone have an idea as to why this is happening?
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

What paint is to be stripped?

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Serraphim

Post by Serraphim »

Demi_morgana wrote:What paint is to be stripped?
About 2/3 of them are just black primer, but it was a pretty thick primer. Those minis the primer is left in the cracks.

The last 1/3 are fully painted with a clear coat. Some of these minis most of the paint has come off except for a few weird places (like a flat surface). The others appear as if nothing has happened.

I do have some steel wool that I was thinking of using to try and clean them, but I'm not sure what it would do to the minis after being in the acetone for that long.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Even with an intensive bath in Acetone, I had some metals minis that I couldn't get completely cleaned. The primer had been done too long ago and was melted with the metal itself and some part wouldn't go away. Sadly there isn't any real solution for that :(