Glen's Iron Warriors

Now Reactivated and Revolutionized!!
gmurie

Re: Glen's Iron Warriors

Post by gmurie »

Ouch!

Yes, it's supposed to be a mix of rust and mud. Mostly mud around the tracks and the hull around the tracks. This is the first tank, and the first serious amount of freehand, I've done in several years. By the time I get to the end of the army, and the next two or three rhinos and one defiler, my brush control will be better! I know the pools of stuff at the top don't look quite right. It was supposed to be mud and filth from where the crew tramp in and out.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I really like the mud or dirt effect, looks natural! I agreed with Phil about the brownish spot, it doesn`t look like anything.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Wow that's amazingly quick progress and to a good standard, i need to catch up !
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

indeed, you are fast with your army :) but, I think they lack some flashy bits which would make them look from a distance. I'd suggest to be more bold with contrast and highlights, these lookg good on tabletop minis.
anyway, waiting for further progress, it's a nice tale :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

Work in Progress shot of Daemon Prince. I'll probably take at least a week over him. The blending of metallic armor and red flesh is an interesting challenge.

[rimg]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4150/499 ... 80e5_z.jpg[/rimg]
IW Demon Prince WIP 1 by gmurie, on Flickr
Cyberpaddy66

Post by Cyberpaddy66 »

Looking good so far, are you going to wash the wings to blend in the highlights?
Getting back into the thick (or rather thin as in thinning my paints) of it, not picked up a brush in some time so this may hurt a bit until I get used to the feel of them again :doh:
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

Cyberpaddy66 wrote:Looking good so far, are you going to wash the wings to blend in the highlights?
Too soon for that. I'll be working it right up to a yellow first. I'll smooth out the blends with more blends.
gmurie

Post by gmurie »

[rimg]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4089/501 ... df6b_z.jpg[/rimg]
Iron Warriors Prince WIP by gmurie, on Flickr

I know I have more work to do on him, but I'm not sure where I'm supposed to go with him. I need to do some more work on the sword, but after that? The mix of metallic and red on the legs is not working, but it was an experiment, so I was ready for it not to work. I don't want to put too much more effort into the wings, but I will if I have to.