Plastic army men in action!

Do you still remember that some people use miniatures for gaming?
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Plastic army men in action!

Post by mahon »

ImageClick to see full-sized image

"Combat Storm really does put the fun back in miniature wargaming. I used to play Warhammer 40k but found that the gameplay was just too slow and the hobby was getting way too expensive. I stumbled upon Combat Storm and just fell in love with the fast-paced gameplay and inexpensive start-up cost to get playing right away. My friends and I have even developed our own custom scenarios and missions."
- Roger, Washington

more here: http://www.combatstorm.com/

ImageClick to see full-sized image
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

RE: Plastic army men in action!

Post by arctica »

hehe cool, is that all paper scenery too? cos it looks neat ^^
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I think so. It's downloadable from the website, too.
Everything's free and I think it can be a nice break from one's regular games. I've been playing quite many less-known games and found many of them to be much more enjoyable than the mainstream stuff. The main gripe is talking anyone into playing the game with you. But when you do, you will most surely have a great time!

I use some paper scenery and recently was surprised to find I can fill a nice urban table with buildings. Now if I only had more zombies....
-- Mahoń

arctica

Post by arctica »

:) thats pretty cool, i like the smaller games also in many respects because they bring a fresh feel to a gaming experience. But i do generally play "mainstream" stuff. Might have to get some more paper scenery :) im lazy to make intricately detailed stuff of my own and space is always a factor.

You could always make paper zombies ;)
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Well, I've played it for many years, but got tired of constant revisions of rules and not being able to field what I want but sticking to some army lists.
Probably it was a matter of the choice of opponents I had and the fact I ain't a competetive player, but more of a person who treats the game as an unfolding story.

That's why I am more of a skirmish gamer...

And paper zombies are something I even considered. But I think some of my Imperial Guardsmen will have to 'count as' zombies. Infested military :twisted:

and as for paper terrain - it's fast to make, easy to store, cheap to replace if damaged. and offers reasonable compromise between quality and production time. which is very important for me...
-- Mahoń

arctica

Post by arctica »

hehe great :D i think demi would greatly approve of anything zombified ;).

Like you say the constant revisions and the other players you encounter can deter you from a certain game for sure, i know it's happened to me and i don't play much at all anymore. Im definately not a competitive player in fact last game i played was of 40k and that was about a year and a half ago. Since then i havent played any games of any sort :dead: Hmm thats quite a while, anyway painting is fun :D