DoW free company brainstorming

Do you still remember that some people use miniatures for gaming?
LadyEyes
the List-mistress

DoW free company brainstorming

Post by LadyEyes »

Ok, so we're starting a CO Dogs of War league at my local store. I'm still very, very new to CO, and would like to hear what folks might say about this.

I'm going to play Undead.

I can only have 125 AP for my starting company.

So I'm thinking of taking a Black Paladin for my captain, and I'd really like to take a gargoyle.

Here's where I'm having trouble...

Someone at the store thinks I should take a heavy skeleton centaur, and I agree they are pretty tough. BUT... he doesn't use magic much when he plays, so he doesn't really see the value of taking a caster of some sort.

I don't know if taking a caster is worth it since I'm not very familiar with the game.

I don't get many options, either. I think a Quaestor or a Gravedigger/Corpsestealer are the only two things I could take.

What do folks here that have played think? Should I go for a caster and them maybe a few morbid puppets? Or should I go for the heavy centaur and be with no magic?
"I like gypsy moths and radio talk
Cause it doesn't remind me of anything"
tidoco2222

Post by tidoco2222 »

Mmm I think I would go for the Gravedigger and a few puppets, it is a dilemma to be sure but I always feel safer with a migic user in my force. Still I don't play Acheron so my advice may not be good.
Trovarion

Post by Trovarion »

centaur.