need help choosing colour :(

You need inspiration, ideas? Not a WIP yet but still in a concept stage? Come here!
Lonewolf

need help choosing colour :(

Post by Lonewolf »

ive got a sci-fi assasin girl to paint and i'm really stuck for a good colour scheme.
i dont want to use the usual red/black
ooh maybe a pic would help...
ImageClick to see full-sized image
help me Obi Wan your my only hope......
LittleDave

Re: need help choosing colour :(

Post by LittleDave »

Had a similar problem with my GW assassins, but in the end it's still an assassin and bright colors aren't really fitting. Going to try a dark olive color myself, but you might want to think of the setting where the figure would fit in and the attire they would wear.

I would go with some sort of dark neutral color (brown/black/gray/tan) for the clothes then I'm sure you could do some nice glowing affects on the visor/blades (maybe blue/green/yellow/orange). Seems like the figure has some sort of latex thing going on, or maybe you can turn it into a dirty jumpsuit 'mercenary for hire' look.

I don't know. Your question was fairly open ended, so just tossing some ideas out. :)
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

I agree with Dave's comments, olive or a latex would work really well with this figure, maybe even a turquoise colour with a reflective/chrome orange colouring
Lonewolf

Post by Lonewolf »

well i tried a few options but it really didnt look right to me.
some mini's have a certain "feel" to them, you know

thanks for your input.
i'll post up what i went with in the end once shes done
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

gonna use Lonewolf's thread to avoid creating a new one :)

I have a violet/purple shield. would greenish/yellowish freehand look good on it? any suggestions for other colour? white?
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================