Skrit sculpts things!

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Skrit sculpts things!

Post by Skrit »

Hi all, I've been learning to sculpt for a while now. Slow process and not finishing a lot yet. This mostly due to the learning process and also motivation! :roll:

But I thought, let's try to slap this dead horse of a forum and post something again! :mrgreen:

I am using a 70/80% URO to 20/30% Super Sculpey combination which my mate Peder Bartholdy advised me. Being used to GS (and a bit of Fimo) this was a revelation to me! I like the feel of the stuff and the fact you can mess around for some time and then put it away and continue later with no real hassle at all.

I've done some armatures and messed around with the stuff but I've chucked out most of them already as there were just so many mistakes! Still, I am getting the hang of it I think and the following sculpts I feel confident with which are good enough to show you.

Demal

ImageClick to see full-sized image

I call it a Demal (demon/alien, couldn't make up my mind!) and I am having a shitfit getting his arms right! Stalled for when I get the mood for him again! Around 24mm high

Mr. Slithers

Mr. Slithers. Had a ball of putty, started pushing and this is what happened! Am wondering what sort of more detailing I should give it. Probably warts and some skin leshions... Around 20mm high and 30mm long and also still wip.

Now onto my favourite so far which I am really enjoying! a little robe wearing robot and this time I am really glad I did his head/face first! It helps visualizing the whole piece a lot and in my opinion shows the character it already has and it inspires me continue and actually finish someting! :mrgreen:

Little robot

A bit more progress

What do you think of it so far?!