5 week Beginner with better pictures

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
joemarra052075
(Forum newbie)

5 week Beginner with better pictures

Post by joemarra052075 »

Ok, started a new thread because I have a brand new way of taking the pictures now. I made a light booth and figured out how to take better pictures with my camera. So now here are my models again, in order of being painted. I'll post the C'tan latter, my daughter leaned on it and now I have to do extensive repair work on the model. :?

First:
ImageClick to see full-sized image

Second:

Third:

Fouth:

Current:

Ok that's them. I am proud of what I have done in 5 weeks, but even looking at that overlord blown up like that I see mistakes that I couldn't see looking at the model itself. I know I have a long way to go. I am going to be getting some more advanced classes over the next 2 months. So we will see how I improve.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: 5 week Beginner with better pictures

Post by sea.man »

photos are much better now! now you need to work on making contrast by putting highlights and shadows.
my daughter leaned on it and now I have to do extensive repair work on the model.
your daughter is stronger then C'tan! :mrgreen:
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

A lot of painting comes down to patience. I actually found when i first started that taking photos and seeing those mistakes helped because now if i am able to take a photo without editing it and looking at the model and it seems smooth and good from that perspective it means you're achieving something :)

I think less paint on your brush and just take your time and enjoy the painting process ;) contrast and colours to show the different areas will also help pick out details.
joemarra052075
(Forum newbie)

Post by joemarra052075 »

it might be awhile before I post something really new, my GW store manager wants me to Warriors code the rest of my 1000 points, but then over the next month attend a set of classes she is giving (free), then she is going to guide me on Nemesor Zandarak, who is currently only primed, how how to paint for competition from the ground up.