Grish`s WIPs

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Grish

Grish`s WIPs

Post by Grish »

Hi!
This topic is for you, to comment and criticize my WIPs. First, Ogre Slaughterer from Scibor Monstrous Miniatures:

I want him to have a human-like skin, not green/olive, like GW sometimes paint their ogres. I plan to wash folds with dark brown oil color from Abtailung 502+turpentine.There is first my question: how to protect resin miniature (and base skin color), to avoid nasty suprises about melting miniature or washing away base color?
Last edited by Grish on 27 Jun 2012, o 16:19, edited 1 time in total.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: Grish`s WIPs - Ogre Slaughterer

Post by Hellspawn »

Protect from what?
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Grish wrote:how to protect resin miniature (and base skin color), to avoid nasty suprises about melting miniature or washing away base color?
What are you going to use on the mini? acid? oil wont melt the mini has for turpentine just be carefull you wont need much just a wet brush ;)
Grish

Post by Grish »

Well, some time ago I was washing my Flame of War tanks with this oil paint+turpentine and it wash away some base color paint. Maybe too much turpentine :)
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

Yup, you just need enough to blend the oils just wet the brush and even so its too much
Grish

Post by Grish »

Ok, so one small 'dot' oil paint from the tube and few drops of turpentine will do?
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

I dont know how you are using the oils, and im not the best one to say this, since rarelly i use them and second i use water based oils :D ( i know its crazy) so here it goes.
1st you dilute the oils with turpentine
2nd with a clean brush with just the turpentine you blend the oils thats one thing thats good with oils
Grish

Post by Grish »

Thanks, I`ll try to wash it this way :)
Grish

Post by Grish »

Ok, I decide not to use oils on his skin because of many hollows. So I tried to use airbrush with my own compositions of colors and proportions of its drops shown below. I added 3 drops of Tamiya thinner as well. I was trying to make this mix similar to GW color Tallarn Flesh.

The base color was quite satisfying, so I added 1 drop of Deck Tan and spray Ogre again, this time just from above. Then I wash with Ogre Flesh only main hollows, wait it to dry, and spray again with another extra drop of Deck Tan. Again, wash and spray with extra drop Deck Tan. The result you can see below.
Grish

Post by Grish »

Here is a little update. The picture is poor, I know ;)But maybe someone will like and/or comment :)