p1per's WIPs

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: p1per's WIPs

Post by sea.man »

Really great paint job. I am not a fan of the color selection, a bit too vivid for an assassin (looks like one too me :) ) But technically he is very good!
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Dakan

Post by Dakan »

Yeah...thats realy nice! ...however I am still not sure about light on a hood as Nameless said. And red on the backside(skirt) should have more light too, because it floats a little bit. but its just my opinion from photos ... overall great work ;)
p1per

Post by p1per »

thanks guys :)

Red cloth pieces are still on my to do list but since I want to enter him in a competition I decided to "skecht" everything as good as possible (not much time left... hehe :mrgreen:). Will be working on his base now and once that's done I will work on my to-do's (this should hopefully also give me a better overview where to add lights/shadows). ;)
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Good luck :)
p1per

Post by p1per »

First base WIP:

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Had some trouble "glueing" the wall onto the plinth... hope it will stay where it is once the Milliput dries. I also have to fix some spots on the floor like the transition between the wall and floor but I'll do that tomorrow once everything's dry. :)
p1per

Post by p1per »

Unfortunately I had some problems with that base so I had to re-do the whole thing :(

What happened: After adding some pva glue mixed with baking soda to create some grout almost all the definition and structure of the floor was gone. So it would have been a pain to paint and probably wouldn't look as good. Therefore I decided to re-do the whole base. :D

I didn't have another plinth in that particular size around so I had to modify the one I screwed up. First thing needed to was to get rid of the milliput. Not an easy task when it's already rock-hard. My choice fell on cutting off the upper part of the plinth and that's how it looked like after the operation:

My plan was to rebuild the plinth with plaster 'cause as you can see there wasn't much left of it. ;) In order to support the plaster and give it something to hold on to I drilled some holes in the plint and also glued some paper-clips in random places:

Now I cut out a form shaped like the plinth + wall from plasticcard and glued/fixed it onto the plinth. I thought I took some pictures of that step but it seems like I didn't or lost it - sry for that - but here's how the plinth looked after removing the plasticcards:

Fun part incoming... scratching alle the little stones in the plaster *yay*... not. After 1.5h the floor was done:

Moving onto the wall and stairs... another 2hours later I was finally done (I also added some damage and irregularities to the stones):

Last but not least (primed and basecoated):

---

Besides the plinth I also started to work a bit on my next project, Princess of Night from Nocturna. With all that happened I needed a break from Dark Elfs base, didn't do much yet because I want to finish the Elf first but the base got a first rough sketch:

p1per
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

thank you p1per, that was very informative and looks good :)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
p1per

Post by p1per »

Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Dunno if wall is completely done but it could use some work. Looks like plastic atm
p1per

Post by p1per »

Wall hasn't been touched on the picture ;) It was stil just the basecoat so don't worry already started glazing, highlighting and shading. :)