p1per's WIPs

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: p1per's WIPs

Post by Hellspawn »

I preferred previous red version :(
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Hmmm... What did you expect from the greyscale to consider pj okish?
I am curious - never used that trick :)

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
Dakan

Post by Dakan »

I like it! :) Its all about taste. It will never be a juicy red, when you are using a white on lights. However shading is nice. Using more glazes is up to you. ;)
p1per

Post by p1per »

@Hellspawn - cheers mate. Previous version was more looking like red, now it doesn't really look realistic or like red cloth but helps define the area and make it pop a bit more. ;) But as I said I might dampen the lights a bit with some red glazes.

@Dakan - Thx. :)

@Demi - Turning your pic into a greyscale helps u see if there is enough contrast or not. Though it might be a bit problematic with certain colors since some come out "better" in a greyscale pic than others but it still gives you an idea where to increase it. For example I took a greyscale pic of my Muldo where it's probably better visible what I mean by "seeing if theres enough contrast".

ImageClick to see full-sized image

@Dark Elf - Continued working on him last night. Pants got some paint and I tried to increase the folds on his scarf a bit more with some very diluted white. :)

Cheers
p1per
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Nice. You might wanna try to highlight a bit more the scarf around his neck (part on the chest) to recall the color of the top of the hood though. Also (might come from the pic), the red on the top of the hood isn't the same than the one on the back of the hood around his neck (part on the shoulders) and also on the cloth (belt) on the front and on the back.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

I'll give it a try - thanks!

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
p1per

Post by p1per »

Minor Update with bigger pics this time (I hope Photobucket isn't resizing them, image should be 1616x1976px) ;)

Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

go go, it looks good!
some of the final highlights on the folds of the red clothing seem too abrupt, you may want to tone them down a bit with glazing.
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
p1per

Post by p1per »

thx Nameless :)

Yep @folds - I guess you especially mean the white one on his skirt which where basically a "test" how much that would pop but definately need to smooth that out. ;)
p1per

Post by p1per »

Continued with his arms so that I can glue both on the body :)