Scipunk's Road to Becoming a Better Painter....

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
scipunk

Scipunk's Road to Becoming a Better Painter....

Post by scipunk »

As the title says...I would like to improve on my painting techniques and hopefully from now till next year, would like to place in the Golden Demon.

This thread will be here to keep me motivated and inspired and to simply put me through my limits.

Permission is already granted to all who would like to critique and bash at my models that I show here....so do not hesitate in saying anything...all feedback will be greatly appreciated.

So lets begin....

I have started on something different from my usual line, Ashan'tyr from Rackham.

I already started working on her face and chest and decided to try something different with the color scheme. I am coming close to getting the effect I am looking for.

Let me know what you guys think......Thanks

ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Re: Scipunk's Road to Becoming a Better Painter....

Post by ToMaZ »

Looks pretty good to me. I would work in some extra colour, but that's just how I paint.
Boobs seem to be highlighted more than the face though? Might be an effect of the lighting you used when you took some pictures.

Keep it up!
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I see no problems in stronger highlights on the boobies than the face.
It all depends on the focus you want for the miniature.

And unless you want to have a monochrome miniature, I'd add some color variation (glazes?) especially while shading, to make the miniature more interesting and colors richer.

The quality is really good now, as is the smoothness.
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
scipunk

Post by scipunk »

Thanks for the feed back guys.....I'm actually stomped on what color that would compliment the blue-grey color scheme that I have going on. I was thinking somewhere along the path of purple or red...what do you guys think

Thanks
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

You can use either one, or both. Start out with a bit of red and add a darker purple to the mix for the deeper areas. It will create a warm/cold contrast too.
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

it depends on how rich and wide palette you want for your miniature. purple would surely create a more limited palette focused around blue/purple colors, while red makes you jump to another primary color (one is already blue).

try playing with this tool: color wheel and with different kinds of palettes. it's really inspiring!
-- Mahoń

Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

actualy all ben sed alrdy abut i wil sey you 1 thing - check Ana works - especialy Moon light Alice that mey inspire you :)
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
scipunk

Post by scipunk »

Started to work on it again, this time with a little bit of shadowing and highlights done. Decided to use both red and purple here mixed with the base coat....a bit tricky to get the results I am looking for, but getting there.

Hope you like it thus far....

Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

very interesting colors on the skin...

nothing to add right now actually
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

I think Corvus got it right. At the moment we can't add much more without seeing the rest of the mini. So far so good...
-- Mahoń