I like paint... it tastes funny.

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

Re: Vampire Count Necromacer - need opinions.

Post by marcineczek0 »

Thanks Maru... I'm so stupid lately. For five years in Art Highschool they tought me to break greens with reds and I forgot it all.
I will try to add a little bit of red... hope I won't mess it up.

Hellspawn - thanks
Marta - Me like, you like...
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

great smoothness on the robes! I like it :)
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

Post by marcineczek0 »

So I've worked some more on the greens, added some red glazes to the shadows and tried to smoth out the folds of the cape. I must say I'm satisfied with the result.
Check it out...

I've added just a tad more orange to the cape.

oh and becuse I'm new to your forum please let me know if I do bother you with my constant posting of the same miniature over and over. :?
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

nah you are in WIP section it is made for posting wips end progression on projects
Thanks Maru... I'm so stupid lately. For five years in Art Highschool they tought me to break greens with reds and I forgot it all.
rofl .. so as usual they tought you well but in wrong way .. as usual
So I've worked some more on the greens,
now it is turquse .. actualy better as it is cold oposed to warm red
I've added just a tad more orange to the cape.
actualy you mey go for full tonal spreed end go from blact to white ... (actualy to yellow .... as it is more natural .. end white just for finishing acents )
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

instead of going to yellow or white I would recommend going to some kind of bone color (like Bleached Bone for example). They're warmer and more saturated than white and not as aggressive as yellow.

actually I would add a little bit of such color to your highlights and pull them a bit further

-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

Post by marcineczek0 »

I had a power outage for almost a day due to a lighting storm. My fish almost died... :cry: and I was pissed that I have no internet.

Maru - I will have a lot more photos comming to this forum. I want to learn more and push myself. And getting help from you guys will definitelly help me.
I got a lot more confident when it comes to painting after I nearly won third place at the Adepticon/Crystal Brush competition (Fantasy Squad). Even though it was just third (bronze) place it would be my greatest achievment in hobby... unfortunatelly I was not at the award ceremony so they gave the award to the runner up. Pretty shitty thing to do but there is no point in arguing.

I decided to hold on with the cloak (red and turquoise) for now. I might come back to it later.
I want to finish the front of this mini so I can finally glue the left arm (before I lose it :P ). As you can see I painted the face... I'm not good at painting faces but this one came out pretty well (to me).

All he needs are eyes and hair (although how I'm going to paint white hair on pale skin I have no idea... )

mahon - I love how you painted my mini for me :lol:
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

I love the skin tone, though I don't think that frey hair on white/pale face would make face clearly seeable
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Looking very nice. I agree about the skin and the hair, perhaps some purple shading would give some more of a pallid colour to his face to differentiate the two. I would also be slightly tempted to push the highlights on the green sections but only on very specific areas such as the knee to show more zenithial lighting.
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

face looks realy cool sideways but from front is just flat .. so typ definitly some midtone work :)
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
marcineczek0
(Forum newbie)

Post by marcineczek0 »

Hi guys... it's been a while since my last post. Just wanted to pop and show you that I did finished this mini...

ImageClick to see full-sized image

It was fun to paint but took way too long.

This is what I'm working on right now.

Thanks for your help!!!