What's in progress by Dark Tower

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

strange colours for a zombie, but he's looking good so far :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

That is so gross but looking really cool :). I take it blue is a favourite colour you're using? ;) but i can't wait to see the end result.
Wraithlord

Post by Wraithlord »

That is just incredibly cool. I can't really say much beyond that.
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

THanx, I just now realizes that the photo is too dark comparing to reality. Whole chest is highlighted by Dead Flesh and I will add another touch with mix Dead Flesh/Skull White. In finale I want it deadly bright with bluish and brownish shades in constrast with blue/violet tombstone.

My photoshoped pre-visualisation is attached below, this is what I want to have :)

ImageClick to see full-sized image
IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

if it's gonna look like this - I'm gonna like it :)
now show us how your paintjob will compare to this!
THanx, I just now realizes that the photo is too dark comparing to reality. Whole chest is highlighted by Dead Flesh
It looks blue, not like painted with Dead Flesh. You must have a terrible camera ;)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

mahon wrote:if it's gonna look like this - I'm gonna like it :)
now show us how your paintjob will compare to this!

It looks blue, not like painted with Dead Flesh. You must have a terrible camera ;)
Camera is pretty old, but I had terrible lights this morning. Another problem is displaying device - the photo will look different on CRT or LCD. I will take the bust (finished or not) to Plastic Session in Poprad on march 2009.
IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

The last W.I.P. picture of the bust... After several hours of painting, I've got this sweetie. In some moments I wanted to cry (and un-paint it and start again from the beginning), sometimes I was satisfied with the results. Now it's something in the middle, my hands still don't wanna paint what head and eyes want ;).

Now I had to make some final touches and want to do something with his hair.

ImageClick to see full-sized image

For bigger image click here: http://www.wargaming.sk/uploads/newbb/2 ... b94411.jpg
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

wow im so very impressed, its a great piece very nicely painted. Maybe a spot of green to help the colour but i like it alot :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

oh my, when have you started painting man? a year ago?
he's looking great, just too blue for my taste. If his skin is painted like the piece of chest I can see on the last pic, it would be perfect :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Thanx for nice words, boys. I started painting in january 2007, with absolute zero expercience (and my first figure was GW space marine http://www.wargaming.sk/modules/xcgal/d ... =95&pos=25). Since that I am trying to improve some skills to paints better. I know it's going slow, but I don't have much time for this. I wanted the result less bluish, but I simply can't help myself. I love blue colour :)