What's in progress by Dark Tower

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Le6n

Re: What's in progress by Dark Tower

Post by Le6n »

Conversion finished, primed and waiting to paint

IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

What mini is it?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

sea.man wrote:What mini is it?
SEA.MAN: It's Radwulf The Lone Wolf by Mproyec (sculpted by Latorre)

ImageClick to see full-sized image
IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Quick progress on W.I.P. space marine by Scibor - Dark Angels Grand Master Templus. Two painting evenings and he's done. I've been working on green armour, some NMM elements. Photos taken under lamp so they may be overlighted. Last W.I.P., will make final photosession soon

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Another small & nice bust from Stormtrooper (soon I will get out of them, what will I do? :)) - Captain Dighton Probyn. Very cute dude, I was really excited about painting him. Just the face was sculpted too flat, so there's bit problem with placing lights & shadows and they become too soft and decent for me. See the progress on the pictures below - painted in about a week back in september.

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Long time ago I was thinking about some base with atificial water. In 2013 I've built base for amazing mini of Happy Monk by Ben Komets, planning water there. But I've lost the courage - the emtpy space for water was too big for the first time.

Last couple of months and weeks I've realized, that there's no need to fear of new things. But it's also not good to be too daring and instead of using that old base with Monk, I took new mini Old Barbarian by Freeman (rerleased by Black Sun Miniatures) and prepared base with place for water in small corner. Using milliput and different sizes of slate I created rocky terrain slowly fading into smal lake. Thend primed and painted the base. Want to try the water right now - it's better to fail in the beginning than after dozens of hours spent painting barbar :)

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

With great support and advices from my friend and great painter Majo, I've gone through the process of creating water base. I used
two component crystal clear resin Rayher. First I used transparent plastic card to define water corner, secured with tac-it-gum to prevent the overflow. Mixed the resin component with hardener, added one drop of color and slowly mixed for few minutes (very slowly to avoid bubbles).
Nevertheless there were some bubbles, but killed them with slowwwwwwww mixing and wooden stick massage :))) Then just applied to defined corner and now waiting 24 hours to harden. It all seems good, water is crystal clear, with natural decent green tone, no bubbles. You can't imagine how many times I checked the base if everything is good :))))))

sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Really good result and thanks for the description!
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Some progress on old barbarian dude - removed plastic plastic corner after resin hardened. The resin water owerflowed on some places under the gum, but nothing deadly bad. Fluid inclination was bigger problem, but after cutting, sanding and applying gloss varnish it's kinda acceptable and we can take step forward :P

Last edited by Le6n on 18 Oct 2016, o 23:33, edited 1 time in total.
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Mini-project Flames Of War, US Troops - tiny models from Flames Of War production, 1:100 scale on 45mm round base. Tiny painting just for fun - always wanted to try this little scale and little resin Dodge with few metal troopers popped from the shell. Relaxing evening painting. And yes, I used rest of colors from old barbarian base to paint this one :)