What's in progress by Dark Tower

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Le6n

Re: What's in progress by Dark Tower

Post by Le6n »

IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

I had the same and wanted to try smaller scale. My tank is still waiting for being finished ;) I like what you already achieved.
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

sea.man wrote:I had the same and wanted to try smaller scale. My tank is still waiting for being finished ;) I like what you already achieved.
My first idea was to finish it in weekend - why not, it's so small... But the reality is different. But I like the car. It's very interesting to paint it 'our way' (I mean miniature painter's way), because those wargaming units are often painted quick and rough. And I'm trying to focus on details, lights&shadows, higlights. It's pretty hard to take any photos, because the models are in fact 1-2 centimeters tall.

Another idea is to try paint 28 mm historic soldiers from Napoleonic wars with all those uniform details and colours. Might be challenging...
IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Painting these tiny soldiers is magical thing somehow, but real pain in the eyes :)))) Last W.I.P. photos (not good ones, taken in dark room under desklamp), will do some corrections and details on daylight and take final photos. And then voilá...

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Next progress on Old Barbarian from Black Sun Miniatures. Going from base up and will finish with skin. This time some work on legs, boots, leather strips and leg armour plates. Next step is the belt cloth, leather strips on chest and shield.

sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

impressive tempo!
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

sea.man wrote:impressive tempo!
I was for almost 2 years out. Now I'm back and it really makes me happy. Want to try new things, want so make my old dreams come true. Don't care about the rest :)
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Small progress on Old Barbarian figure - the blue belt cloth and evil belt face. He's starting to come out pretty nicely. I will continue with hammer and shield.

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Wooden inside of shield, let's do the metal parts.

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Enoug for today - finished shield and hammer. Skin is going be the next...