What's in progress by Dark Tower

Post your "Work In Progress" photos here.
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding works in progress here, please. If you have photos of these works when they're completed, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the work in progress.
Le6n

Re: What's in progress by Dark Tower

Post by Le6n »

Going to finale - skin is waiting for me. First I roughly sketched base and shadows, then I will build up the lights, smoothness and so. Inbetween I've finished the hand with shield, which seems to be final. Will do some touchups when completing the mini.

IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

First very rough sketch of lights on skin. I see what's all wrong, need more time to build up the lights on chest and shoulders mainly. But as I say, very heavy W.I.P.

IN THE SHADOW OF DARK TOWER blog - reviews, tips & tricks, free models, photogallery
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

After several hours spen on the skin, I wasn't satisfied with the results, so I've painted it wit basecolor and starting over again. Hope it will be better this time. Good thing is, that I painted leather straps on chest and back and base colour for barbarian's gray hair...

Last edited by Le6n on 19 Nov 2016, o 16:07, edited 1 time in total.
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Second attempt on skin. Was pretty tricky, maybe the most difficult thing on the figure. There was moment I wanted to throw the figure against the wall, but then it somehow turned out good.

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

After skin-battle I've started on head, but was so tired, I couldn't hit the face with brush. So I took little break. Then I painted gray hair & beard, fixed some details on smal wounds, scratches and blood splatters. Then finished the face. I am still not satisfied with the resulte, but I think I can't do any miracle with it. So last W.I.P. photos, some small touchups during the day and finished.

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

This is little paint-ability test - when I worked on mini-dio The Last Patrol I have to paint few soldiers in 1:100 scale (total height about 18 mm) and there was some feedback, that so little fellas can't be painted more as I did and it was top paint. So after big Old Barbarian I decided to give a try to few of these mini-soldiers, paying so much attention on details as possible. This is first of them (placed on 1 euro cent coin for size comparation).

ImageClick to see full-sized image
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

New projec featuring my childhood hero, british flying ace J.C. Bigglesworth, a.k.a. Biggles. I grew up on Biggles comics published back in 90s in ABC magazine and when I saw those two busts - RFC Pilot from WWI by MJ Miniatures and Hero Of The Sky by Ben Komets, I had to... You can also find unboxing of both busts on my blog: https://dtsmodelling.blogspot.sk

Now starting with comics&cartoony caricature - Piggles by Ben Komets. I wanted both pilots on same base, so with little help of InstaMold and GreenStuff I've copied original stand/pylon of RFC Pilot and put Piggles on it.

I've started with jacket and striped scarf, which will be the same for both pilots. Pushed bit more on contrast and saturation, because this bust is simply beging for that kind of painting...

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Bit of holiday-painting - bust of pilot Piggles. Painted during two days and in fact it's last W.I.P. pictures...

Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Pigglesworth now finished, just need to take filan photos.
Le6n

Post by Le6n »

Small relax-project 'Napoleon Dwarfaparte in the battle of Dwarferloo' and also rare collector's stuff - Scibor's dwarf Napoleon and two never-released napoleonic dwarf sharpshooters (I got them as a bonus to my order). After small conversion (rifles, backpacks) they are great companion for Napoleon :)