Greetings from the East Coast

Say "hello" and add a few words about you here :)
Fencerfish
(Forum newbie)

Greetings from the East Coast

Post by Fencerfish »

What's up all,

I'm realitively new to miniature painting, I've been doing it on and off for about a year now and have accumulated just over 50 painted miniatures. Over summer break (Still in highschool) I decided I wanted to get more in-depth with my painting skills so I started watching videos and reading forums. I had a lot of questions and nobody to ask, and finally found this forum. My hope is that I'll be able to get answers as well as find inspiration from other like-minded individuals. I'm probably the only one in my school (well, I know I am, I'm homeschooled!) or my friend group that even knows what a miniature is, so it's exciting to me to get to interact with others that share that interest.

I'm a long time fan of the Battletech series, my root started off as playing the video game back when I was in elementary school. I started playing the board game a few years ago in middle school. I'm also branching off into D&D and 40k, as well as working on and off on my own project.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: Greetings from the East Coast

Post by arctica »

Hi and welcome :) i hope you find a nice home here. What are you working on at the moment? :)
Fencerfish
(Forum newbie)

Re: Greetings from the East Coast

Post by Fencerfish »

As I mentioned, I'm branching off into 40k and just started my first army. I'm being differnet and going with the Tau instead of the Imperium... I've got money to spare working two jobs, and I'm fairly good at buying things cheaply off of ebay so I've got a decent size starting lot of 50+ infantry, two tanks, and some battle armor. It'll keep me busy for a while. I'm actually going to be making a post about that here shortly, I'm having some trouble with the colors and I'm not sure what the problem is.