Hello

Say "hello" and add a few words about you here :)
ruanae

Hello

Post by ruanae »

So, having signed up to the forum, I thought I should make my first post the ubiquitous "Hello, my name is" post... Which is what this is.

Anyway, hello, I'm Ruanae, I'm a programmer by day and an all around geek by night.

I've been trying to get better at painting for the past 4 years or so (slowly getting to the point where I think they are not quite complete rubbish). Mainly picked it up (again I used to collect GW minatures when I was 12 or so) as a hobby that didn't involve staring at a screen!

Most of the stuff I've painted is GW stuff, in particular High Elves, 40K Orks (ish) and Dark Eldar (with a smattering of other models picked either for an RPG or because I fancied trying to paint the model, this includes some Necrons and some Tomb Kings (well the Necrosphinx)). Some of the High elf stuff is starting to look passable, but I'm always looking out for feedback and advice on how to improve.

Oh and I've just picked up some Malifaux models, mostly because they looked cool. (Although this just adds to the growing collection of unpainted stuff that I need to work on...)

Right, enough waffle, I better get back to at least looking like I'm working :) I may try and take a few photos of stuff I've done so far if I get a chance so people can have a look etc.

Thanks all :D
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Re: Hello

Post by sea.man »

Welcome Ruanae!
Have lots of fun here and post us some pictures soon!
I am fighting against temptation to buy Malifaux :D

I am also a programmer, Currently 'fighting' with JavaFX 8)
Where are you from?
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Hullo and welcome :)
Have fun around here, hope you'll find what you're looking for (and even more) and don't forget to post pics :)
ruanae

Post by ruanae »

Hi

Thanks for the welcome :)

I will see what I can do about pictures (there are a couple here http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruanae/7040108641/ and http://www.flickr.com/photos/ruanae/7671980518/ here but I will try and take better ones)

Yeah, I picked up the rules for malifaux because it sounded interesting (although I haven't actually played any games, but I still find the systems interesting), and then decided to get some models because they looked cool.

I'm from the UK, and I program mostly in Java (messing about with other bits and pieces in my spare time) although a lot of my time recently has been in analysis and documentation, an necessary evil! But it gives me time to plan what else I want to paint and work on I guess (and money to afford it) :)
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

Flickr is blocked at my company, so I will just have to wait until you post something here :)

If you want to know this place better, check this Guide to Chest of Colors out :mrgreen:
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

welcome! :)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Slawol
Perpetuum Mobile
Perpetuum Mobile

Post by Slawol »

Welcome new member! :) Have fun here.
Pozdrawiam/Best regards
Sławomir Borysowski

Let’s put a smile on that face!
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Woo hi hi and welcome ! :)
ruanae

Post by ruanae »

Thanks everyone. Nice to meet you all.
Hopefully I will have fun, and become a better painter. I've posted some bits to the showcase and WIP sections and will try and update them as I go.
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

Howdy!
Have fun here ad don't forget to bring the toys :D

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!