Sports... ?

All the stuff which didn't fit anywhere else
endrem

Sports... ?

Post by endrem »

I hardly dare to ask this question in the community :D , but I give it a go, worst case I get booooed away :)

Does anyone do regularly some sort of sports here?

For a start, I do some running, although I was pretty lazy in the last 4-5 weeks. I'm just starting again that's why the question. I also try doing some workout 1-2 times a week to get my upper body stronger to support longer runs. My longest so far was a half marathon, last one in last September.
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Re: Sports... ?

Post by ToMaZ »

I have practiced competition swimming, long distance running and triathlon before I started to have spine issues. Now it's yoga and light fitness...(Sigh...)
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

In the past; football, tennis, handbal, boxing and fitness. Now not so muc, fitness once in a while but i want to pick it up again soon.... work is REALLY heavy though so I count it as sport! ;)
LittleDave

Post by LittleDave »

Used to do basketball and football during the summer. Got into a regular boxing routine a couple years back. Not so much these days. :)
endrem

Post by endrem »

Yeah, "not so much these days" was disturbing me, so I started over. There is a bicycle race and a half marathon in the summer here. I want to do at least one of them, preferably both :)
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

endrem wrote:There is a bicycle race and a half marathon in the summer here. I want to do at least one of them, preferably both :)
yeah, I could do both... a half marathon... on a bike...
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

running. hope to be able to run a marathon in some time but most likely not yet in 2012.
trying to be realistic.

see, not only not booed but also found that we do some sports, too :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
endrem

Post by endrem »

mahon wrote:running. hope to be able to run a marathon in some time but most likely not yet in 2012.
trying to be realistic.

see, not only not booed but also found that we do some sports, too :)
Indeed, and that's great! :)

I don't have the time for the training for a full marathon. You really need to invest time into that and as the only one working in the family with 2 kids, it's not really possible.

Depending on when the marathon is, you could do it if you have the time to run like 60-100 km a week for about a half year :)
Adasko

Post by Adasko »

I used to play volleball, but then I took arrow in...
No, I just get bored on competition-level training, so now I'm only swimming and (in summer season) riding my bicycle (and love it). :)
Marta

Post by Marta »

I used to do Kickboxing and Krav-maga, but my GP decided I should stop getting hits in my head, so for last few years pretty much nothing:( I tried gym, but it was plain boring and in more than few situations disgusting.
Now I'm thinking bike maybe, when it gets warmer here.

'eM
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes