Finecast stories

All the stuff which didn't fit anywhere else
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Re: Finecast stories

Post by Corvus »

Oh yeah these are definitely better! But I have put my mind on those Dark Eldar models. In general I'm not a fan of GW minis, but I really like those.

Ah we'll see.
Marta

Post by Marta »

Corvus wrote:But I have put my mind on those Dark Eldar models. In general I'm not a fan of GW minis, but I really like those.
Exactly:D dark eldars:D:D
I was hopeing I can do them as a squad and sf signle;p... but all those pics of failcast are realy discourageing.

But in FW range there is few quite interesting things aswell, so maybe I'll enter something this year after all;]

'eM
Impossible is Nothing!!
Twisted Brushes
Pandadosmares
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Pandadosmares »

The Tyranids dont seem to have so many problems
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

I'm still waiting for a replacement but wanted to clean the "good" parts of the sprue already. Turns out there are only 3 parts on the sprue without defects: the three small arms on the top right. I noticed bubbles in the other parts which I first thought were unaffected, but it appears they are after all :(

The material is surely something to get used to but not necessarily bad. I read things on the web that it is very brittle, but so can metal miniatures right? I wasn't very careful and snapped the hand off one arm. But this was easily fixed with superglue.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

Replacement is here.... overall less bubbles, but there are plenty of other problems: deformed parts, a hole in the cloak and in other places it's so thin that it's translucent. A corner of the cloak is gone, done by a bubble, and also some spikes on the back of the spine.

And then there are bubbles in exactly the sames spots: pointy bits on the chest area, mechanical arm, feet/toes...

It's also interesting to see that the channels on the sprue have a different layout than the previous figure. How can they achieve a consistent quality if even the production process is different for every sprue?

I'm still playing the friendly and naive customer so I have asked Customer Support if there is a particular problem with this figure or this batch of figures. If this is not the case then I want a replacement. We'll see...

pictures coming soon
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

does playing friendly and naive help?

so FailCast stood up to its name and reputation, huh? :(
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

Well from all the stories of the finecast stuff, i'm pretty glad that i decided to move onto Privateer Press recently. I'll stay away from those GW stuff for a little bit i think until they get their quality back up, especially for the price.
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

mahon wrote:does playing friendly and naive help?
Probably not but I'm doing a bit of research journalism for the moment :)

If I get another failed replacement I think I'm going to call it quits, and try to get my money back.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

arctica wrote:until they get their quality back up, especially for the price.
don't you mean: "until they get their prices up, especially for the FineCast quality."? :lol:
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

lol yes that is probably a more accurate description. I'm too much of an optimist ^^