tell us more about Headblast and the new CoC

All the stuff which didn't fit anywhere else
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

tell us more about Headblast and the new CoC

Post by Corvus »

I'm just curious to know what happened to the old Headblast team. I know people like Jenova and Goatman were too busy with their studies to do some serious mini painting, but what happened to the team? Did everyone just break up? Was there a lack of commission work? And what's Cenobyte planning with the headblast.de domain (looks like the start of some on-line mini store)?

And what about Chest of Colors: is it just you, Mahon, or is there also a team involved?

I'm just very curious :oops:

-Gerrie.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

RE: tell us more about Headblast and the new CoC

Post by mahon »

so here is what I know:

- HD team seems to be no more, as Ceno didn't respond to any of us since the last Summer...
- the ones who are still painting are: me, Wolfbane, Jenova
- there were some issues inside the HD team which probably caused the team to break. it was'nt officially closed, but Ceno didn't even inform us about the change of the HD website
- Inge's in the US
- Alessio's still painting
- I and Ana are the core of CofC, and there are several more painters cooperating with us, which forms the whole team. you can check the info in the FAQ section (there is some info about the people behind CofC), and the galleries.

any more questions? you ask - I answer :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

I noticed Allessio started a seperate site, and Jenova picked up her brush again also. Personally I think it's kind of rude that Ceno changed the site without warning you guys, all of you worked hard to make HB the size it was, isn't it?

And what about those Headblast forums? Are they going to be shut down sooner or later?

And I completely agree with the stuff you wrote in your e-mail: the HB forums weren't as fun as they used to be, without any Admins around. I still remember the days of the first winter blast contest, aaah memories :roll:

Anyway I hope this is going to be a fresh start for the HB (let's call it like that for now) community. I still consider that group of people as the hard-core of European mini painters, whereas CMON is more international.
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

What I always loved about the HB community was the civilized atmosphere on the forum.
I hope that such a community

Anyway - whether Ceno did anything wrong or not, it's his problem. We can discuss it in private if you want. But he still deserves respect for what he created - the civilized forum, which needed almost no moderation, and managed to run itself even when the support was limited.

Ad for the HD forum - it may be closed, as Tim doesn't seem to care about it anymore. And he's the owner of that website, so if he doesn't pay for the webspace - the forum will probably go down :(

That's why I am trying to gather all the cool miniature-fanatics here :)
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
Corvus
Guardian of Law & Order
Guardian of Law & Order

Post by Corvus »

You're right about the site being his property, but I think he could at least have warned you guys about the change...
Skrit
Needs more explanation
Needs more explanation

Post by Skrit »

Thanks for clearing up some things, guess we had the same kind of questions in our head Gerrie.

And I guess we'll just have to start a Chest of Colors community now! The king is dead long live the king..(or something like that anyhoo!)