What music do you listen to when you paint?

All the stuff which didn't fit anywhere else
Kenneth

Post by Kenneth »

Lately (since the rest of the family is away for 6 weeks) I've been free to listen to whatever instead of the Canadian Barne TV channel ;)

Gaate blows me away and creates an other-worldly state of mind. I almost think of it as Acid Skog music? As opposed to Lumsk's Metal Skog? :D

I often listen to bands like Boards of Canada, Sigur Ros, Cocteau Twins, or other vocal or non vocal ambient's while painting.

For gaming it's Lustmord, In Slaughter Native, and other Dark Ambient or Power Noise types... otherwise Rammstein, Laibach, Industrial Rock/Metal... and this is from an old duffer! If I wanted to listen to 'Classic Rock' all my life I would never have left the 70's behind!

This forum's software doesn't like or recognize the entire Norwegian or Icelandic alphabets btw...
mahon
Super Villain
Super Villain

Post by mahon »

Kenneth wrote:If I wanted to listen to 'Classic Rock' all my life I would never have left the 70's behind!
Heh, you've just made my day :lol:
Thanks!

As for these not recognized characters - we'll be migrating to a new engine in some time, so I won't be changing it for now...
-- Mahoń

Back in the garage with my bullshit detector
endrem

Post by endrem »

Kenneth seems to have somewhat similar musical taste like me :)

I also like to listen to ambient and similar electric styles, not only when painting but also while working. Boards of Canada, Sigur Rós (hungarian characters are ok :)), Orbital, Carbon Based Lifeforms and Hybrid are constantly on my playlist, along with Fluke, Juno Reactor, Gus Gus and Kosheen.

Lately I discovered Bonobo and Sophia, they also make great tunes.

I'm a member on last.fm, you can visit my profile HERE.
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

I put on Sigur Rós when I can't sleep ^^
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
endrem

Post by endrem »

ToMaZ wrote:I put on Sigur Rós when I can't sleep ^^
I can't put on anything, i'm not sleeping alone (apart form that there is no stereo in the bedroom :))
endrem

Post by endrem »

There are some nice free mixes on hybridized.org if anyone is interested. :)
ToMaZ
Expects too much, too

Post by ToMaZ »

I'm not sleeping alone either... but sigor rós is relaxed so my GF doesn't mind
---ToMaZ---

Try honesty...
endrem

Post by endrem »

My wife has slightly different musical taste (typical womanish :)), although she might like Sigur Rós. Maybe I give it a try once :)
Karpiu

Post by Karpiu »

Wow I missed this topic. Man I must be blind :]

This might sound kinda strange but since Im a metal head and I Play Chaos I listen to all kind of metal and ambient music whent I paint. There's nothing like to listen to Dimmu Borgir or Carpatian Forest when you Paint a new Demons to the Chorde ;] :zombie:
paintminion

Post by paintminion »

Music depends on what I'm painting...my current secret project means i was listening to a lot of David Arkenstone, Clannad, Celtic Stone, and the Gypsy Guerilla Band. With Vayle I listened to Queen and the Eagles. My recent Sophie die-orama, I listened to an eclectic mix from my hubby---Weird Al to Peruvian Flutes and some Eurythmics and other 80's stuff thrown in. Paint nites with the group included such great painting songs as "Teenage Enema Nurse" and other bizarre "expand your horizons" music from our friend George. He's a wicked man.