Coabeous the Half Blind

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
Coabeous
(Forum newbie)

Coabeous the Half Blind

Post by Coabeous »

Hi, I'm a new member here I left a post in the Say Hello thread telling a little bit about myself.

I guess I'll start my Showcase with these guys, I really like'em.

These are some of the Tamaya 1/35 U.S. Infantry and German Grenadiers. The destroyed building corners came out of packs of the green army men from a dollar store.

A Walk in the Sun
ImageClick to see full-sized image

Baby Face

Alvin

Gunner

Sarge

Hans

Fritz

Wolfgang

Dead to rights

Action

I doubt I'll ever go back over these guys and do any touch ups or anything but any tips for the future will be appreciated.

Thanks for looking,
Coabeous
Moderator says:
Fixed the links
Hellspawn
Coabeous
(Forum newbie)

Re: Coabeous the Half Blind

Post by Coabeous »

I guess I need some help on posting my pics in the thread. I checked the facts and Mahon's thread and was finely able to post these links, but I would like to find out how to insert the pics themselves into a thread.

Coabeous
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Coabeous wrote:I guess I need some help on posting my pics in the thread. I checked the facts and Mahon's thread and was finely able to post these links, but I would like to find out how to insert the pics themselves into a thread.

Coabeous
Fixed the links, you just usually use the http links, and insert those into ["img][/img"] (without the "") or ["rimg][/rimg"] (without the "") if you want to resize the image
Coabeous
(Forum newbie)

Post by Coabeous »

Thanks Hellspawn, I'll try again soon.
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Post by Hellspawn »

Coabeous wrote:Thanks Hellspawn, I'll try again soon.
You're welcome :)
And if you not sure how to do, just edit the post I fixed and you should be able to see how it's done :)
Coabeous
(Forum newbie)

Post by Coabeous »

Taking more pics, getting ready for another go. But before I do I wanted to ask what y'all thought of Hans cameo pattern?

Coabeous
Coabeous
(Forum newbie)

Post by Coabeous »

Finely started taking pics of my older mini's and wanted to share the very first 28mm miniatures I ever painted.

The Necromancer and his Ghouls from the Mordenhime, Vampire Counts box set with the Reaper Tombstones I painted to go with them.

Nightfall

Hope you enjoy them as much as I have over the years, they've seen a lot of action.
Thanks for looking,
Coabeous
Coabeous
(Forum newbie)

Post by Coabeous »

After I painted the Mordenhime, Vampire Counts box set I got into Warhammer Fantasy Battle Game and built a large Vampire Counts undead army. I've always liked Bruce Cambell's movie "Army of Darkness" so I used it for inspiration and used all skeletons no zombies. I used the Zombies for Zombie pirates.

This is most of my "Army of Darkness" laid out.

I won't bore you with everything but I had two units with lots of conversions and I would like to show you a little of those. Of course these were speed painted to table top quality and no where near you guys GD masterpieces! :)

A couple of Armored Skeletons made from the Dark Elf and Skeleton plastic sprew.

I also mad a pretty large unit of the Cursed Company from the plastic Skeleton sprew.

Just now going through the pictures I found something I think is pretty neat.

Here's a couple of rubber Halloween bats I found in a joke shop, I just trimmed the wings and used them as Fell Bats.

I know everything I've posted so far is just average table top to you guys but I would really like to hear what you think. If any of you have suggestions or tips or could tell me when I should have used a different technique on a particular figure I would appreciate hearing it.

Pretty soon I'll post some of my more recent stuff so you can see what I'm up to now.

Thanks for looking,
Coabeous
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

your minis are painted neatly, paint is where it should be.
now, use "search" function of this forum to find gazillion threads and posts on contrast. you will also find a good article on this subject on the main CofC site.

Contrast is your friend!
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================
Coabeous
(Forum newbie)

Post by Coabeous »

I've been looking for tutorials but I think they were easer to find on the old forum.

I painted these about a year after Assault on Black Reach came out
Ork War Boss and his Nob's.

Boss One Thumb - Front

Boss One Thumb - Back

If anyone has anything to say about any of my post please speak up, I would be glad to hear it.

As always, thanks for looking.
Coabeous