FiloSganga's showcase

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
FiloSganga

FiloSganga's showcase

Post by FiloSganga »

Hi everybody.
Thanx for your welcome in the appropriate section.
I see here you use to open a thread for everyone's gallery; so do I. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

I will show here, just to present myself, my latest three works; they are the most recent and I think they show well my actual painting level; anyway, if you want, feel free to take a look at my first minis posted in my CMON gallery (FiloSganga, obviously)...

Here we go with the images...
The first one is a little scene painted in occasion of an online contest dedicated to funny and comic situations (the title was L000L); I am a big Ultramarine fan so I dedicated this work to their, ehm..., particular armor color :mrgreen:

The second one is the first part of a larger project; this Librarian represents Isador Akios, the Blood Raven Librarian of the C.S. Goto's trilogy Dawn Of War (Isador is only in the first episode, and you well know also if you played the first Dawn of War PC videogame). It is more recent than the miniature I posted above, but it was painted before in some parts (for example the blue armor or most of the golden parts). In this photo you can see even the collective base which represents a marble pavement of the battleship on which they travel towards Tartarus. Have I already said I'm a slow painter? :mrgreen: "Only" four minis to complete the squad :doh: (Captain Gabriel Angelos, Sergeant Veteran Corallis, Terminator Tanthius and Chaplain Prahios)

Finally, this one is the most recent work I completed (last week). It's a very old model, back from 1988; it was my entry to another online contest dedicated to vintage minis; it is dedicated to Adeptus Mechanicus from Mars; its title is Life on Mars?

Don't esitate to criticize and to comment my works: I am always lookin' for advice to improve my painting techniques.
Thank you all.
Alb :)
Hellspawn
Newsman
Newsman

Re: FiloSganga's showcase

Post by Hellspawn »

Awsome work :)
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

Isador Akios - he fell to the chaos end betray his fellows .. for what he eat the bullet
end about painting not much to change or improve it is realy good example of old EM style end if you would whant to improve that .. well it would reqire to strip whole model from paint end start from begining end dont make it old Em style - this 1 is good as it is but old school

"Smurfs"
ther are things to improve in the future - wall end briks - that dont look convincing nor it actualy meld with rest of base
end Smurf it is blue end it is clean end he got some realy good parts - scul on belt end knee, helmet , Alpha sumbol on ground - but blue is just blue end you mey actualy shade that blue to increse contrast (iven in classy EM style ) add stronger edges , add dark linking betwen joints especialy thous in shadows

ther you got example
http://www.coolminiornot.com/160146?browseid=1505196
comissioned work from razza - he made it in "old style"
- thats max you mey get from old EM style
a EM style +
will be :
http://www.coolminiornot.com/88627?browseid=1505196
with battle demage end a litle of wethering

end thats is final old EM syyle + +
http://www.coolminiornot.com/138083?browseid=1505196
above + totaly overload with freehands. it actualay looks bad - evrything evry were well it is impresive but looks totaly random or like estern church

end new 1 :
contrast contrast contrast! (increase it - on NMM ) end dont shade orange with black or bronze unles you whana get him oiled look
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
Demi_morgana
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by Demi_morgana »

smurf one is just brill :lol:
welcome aboard! :D

Hobby blog

Katoliku uważaj!
p1per

Post by p1per »

Nice minis. :) As Maru said I'd work on some contrast especially the NMM parts "pop" way more with bright lights and deep shadows.
FiloSganga

Post by FiloSganga »

Thank you everybody, in particular Maru for his accurate, extended analysis and precious advice.
Contrast is never, never enough, I know well... Especially on NMM... :mrgreen:
Thank you again :)
I will post soon something in the WIP section, so you could follow my painting process.
FiloSganga

Post by FiloSganga »

Hi there.
This is the Dwarf Lord I posted in the WIP section: I completed it trying to apply the advice I received. I know I could improve many things on it, anyway I try to improve through various works. I'm not completely satisfied with the cape (especially for the shading), but I will take care of the experience for future red capes :D
Here it is:

Thank you all!
Maru
Camera Expert
Camera Expert

Post by Maru »

actualy cape looks realy good on outside part - in terms of light end shadows (meybe not as smouth as it mey be )
it is realy nice end clean painting but for me lacks an overa all "WoW" efect - wich is visible on cape - contrast end light end ofcorse base .... :roll:
"GOOD RACK CAN MAKE A DONKEY ATTACK LION"
http://maru.worldblogcafe.com/
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

you did increase the contrast on NMM and it looks better!
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22
Nameless
The Better Choice
The Better Choice

Post by Nameless »

what's the reason to put coins on pics? we all know how big or small minis are :)
maybe it's the e-bay starting bid? ;)
Nameless Painter Blog
==================================================