Flameon's workshop

Show us your *finished* works here...
Forum rules
Post pictures and discussions regarding finished models here, please. If you have WIP (work in progress) photos, feel free to post them to the right section and feel free to add the link in your post about the finished work.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Re: Flameon's workshop

Post by arctica »

Some amazing work there, i really like the sedition wars guy, especially the differentiation you've done on his cloth, showing a painted texture. Is that a stippled effect? I love the fact that you've managed to keep it bright and differentiated between the way materials look on the model, i think if i was nitpicking i'd say the black clothing and the weapons are a little too similar, perhaps the guns need to have some extra scratches and stuff or more shiny? :) but that is truly nitpicking. I always look forward to seeing your work :)
Flameon

Post by Flameon »

Thanks for nice comments.
Arctica yes, I did painted this in that way. I was trying to make some texture on clothes.

Here is my new miniature, I was trying to paint his armour with strong contrast, and make monohromatic base which could not disturb ;)
It's the first time when I painted whole figure using white basecolour, and I think that now I will use black sprawy only for miniatures which should be dark ;)

ImageClick to see full-sized image

Regards
k_dash

Post by k_dash »

Yet another excellent work.
Beautiful face, my favourite part of the mini, very good contrast and a clean paint work, lively colours. Everything I like in a mini but fail to achieve.
Congratulations on a finished project. :clap:
Dengoku o oidasareta denshi wa akuma ni narushikanai.
arctica
Too fast for the rest of us

Post by arctica »

You never disappoint mate :) in fact i've been on a long hiatus for painting due to work and i always get inspired seeing your work :) great stuff, i like how the light is so consistent and contrasting along the length of the model.

I think my only other addition to the model would be perhaps the use of weathering powder on the marine arm etc? as it seems a little clean to me.
sea.man
Chest of Colors
Chest of Colors

Post by sea.man »

splendid contrast blending!
miniatures painted:
2011 - 83, 2012 - 38, 2013 - 45, 2014 - 56, 2015 - 95, 2016 - 106, 2017 - 22